CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Throttlemeister Cruise Control For My Hurricane

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttlemeister Cruise Control For My Hurricane

Hi Guys,
Doing a big trip this year on the hurricane so i've decided to go with some cruise control. I'm not fond of the cheap versions from what i've seen of them so far so i've ordered some Throttlemeisters from the USA. Not sure how long they'll take to arrive but i'll post pictures and fitting instructions etc when i get them if anyone is interested.#

Anyone had any dealings with them? Bit late to ask after i've already ordered them but i hope anyone who's tried them has liked them. Let me know if you have them or have used them please.

Cheers, Gaz

Old 06-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How far are you traveling, Gaz?
I've never used the throttlemeister thing. I usually just use my left hand to hold the throttle while I rest...

But many people like them, and that brand name usually comes up on top in discussion.

If you haven't seen it already, HERE is a little review.

I couldn't help but notice the comment and picture link left at the bottom by a KLR650 rider.
It's always those KLR guys...

KLR650 riders don't need no fancy schmancy cruise control. Check this out!

Old 06-25-2010, 08:13 PM

I thought they were a cheap gimic, Throttle Rocker". I bought one cheap on ebay and tried it, best thing since hand grips. It works GREAT and very easy to install and to use. Can't beleive something so simple works so well.
Just my .02.
U do still have to keep your hand in the general area of the grip, but not much more.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Administrator - Retired

Tom, the actual throttlemeister is a barend weight that locks the throttle in place like a cruise control by putting friction on the throttle tube.
The throttle rocker (aka "crampbuster") is a little different. I know the pic in the review shows a rocker, but it's not part of the actual throttlemeister.
I think I'm gonna get a crampbuster next time I order some stuff from motosuperstore, though. I'd like to try it out. Glad you mentioned liking it. Makes it easier for me to buy it!

Old 06-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the cramp buster. It will help you not grip the throttle...

Old 06-26-2010, 11:17 AM

Trout, THEY WORK. I know that it is not a cruise control, per say, but it is really nice to have one. The one I have is branded "Throttle Rocker II", It attaches with a Velcro strap, is EASY to adjust and stays put. I only paid $6.49 inc. shipping for mine on ebay, brand new.
I really thought it was a gimmick, but for $6.50 I would take a chance. Best money I ever spent, I would pay $20.00 for one. I just returned from a short ride, maybe an hour, two lane, four lane, the thing makes it easier to ride anytime, not just on the highway.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Administrator - Retired

Yeah, I'm definitely getting one now, Tom.
Thanks!

Old 06-26-2010, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
How far are you traveling, Gaz?
I've never used the throttlemeister thing. I usually just use my left hand to hold the throttle while I rest...
We're doing about 3,000+ miles or about 4,800kms to you Going from N/W England to France, Monaco, Italy, San Marino, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium, and back through France to England. I don't fancy using my left hand for that long, lol, it's not used to doing any work I saw the KLR one, looool, nutters!

For those that use the small device that clips to the throttle, i've heard mixed reviews but if it works for you then that's cool, but i wanted something that would lock the throttle so i can actually leave go if i want to not that i'm planning large distances no handed, lol.

I'll let you know when i get it and it's been tested, and i'll post pics etc

Gaz

Old 06-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the Throttlemeister on my '94 for about three years. It's a good looking unit, mine are the standard brushed aluminum bar end. It's easy to use but not as much as the thumb operated Vista-Cruise I have on my old '79 CB750F. When pounding the interstate 4 lane for hours it's a good relief. I'm using it more often as I think my hands are getting a little arthritic. Pricey, but worth it for me.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by cb2cbr
I've had the Throttlemeister on my '94 for about three years. It's a good looking unit, mine are the standard brushed aluminum bar end. It's easy to use but not as much as the thumb operated Vista-Cruise I have on my old '79 CB750F. When pounding the interstate 4 lane for hours it's a good relief. I'm using it more often as I think my hands are getting a little arthritic. Pricey, but worth it for me.
Oooo! A direct comparison. I already knew it was a bit more awkward to switch on and off than the vista cruise but it also looks a lot neater. Do you find any difference in how solidly they hold the throttle as my mate bought a vista or similar and you either had to have it set to only just hold the throttle, or if you set it to hold the throttle harder it would restrict it when it was turned off. I was hoping the throttlemeister would hold it a bit more solidly and still turn off to leave the throttle nice and free when it's off. Let me know if you would mate,

Thanks, Gaz

Quick Reply: Throttlemeister Cruise Control For My Hurricane