CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Throttlemeister Cruise Control For My Hurricane

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Throttlemeister is a very predictable friction lock. When installed properly, which was not a big deal IMO, it has a complete off/free range. If you crank on it the other way you can lock it up. You have the complete range in between. The VistaCruise on my CB750F had no problems. It provides enough friction to hold the throttle as desired but can be overpowered by hand. It's a matter of rigging and setting the drag correctly.
One caution I heard was heated grip manufactuers don't want any friction type controls on the grip. The heated plastic parts may expand and surprise lock the throttle up. In the real world, out side of lawyers, it's not a problem.
Hope that answers your question.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cb2cbr
The Throttlemeister is a very predictable friction lock. When installed properly, which was not a big deal IMO, it has a complete off/free range. If you crank on it the other way you can lock it up. You have the complete range in between. The VistaCruise on my CB750F had no problems. It provides enough friction to hold the throttle as desired but can be overpowered by hand. It's a matter of rigging and setting the drag correctly.
One caution I heard was heated grip manufactuers don't want any friction type controls on the grip. The heated plastic parts may expand and surprise lock the throttle up. In the real world, out side of lawyers, it's not a problem.
Hope that answers your question.
Brilliant mate, sounds like exactly what i wanted. I didn't want to spend $140 including shipping on something that only just held the throttle open and closed itself if you as much as sneezed
Thanks for letting me know.

Gaz

Old 06-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CAT ORings ....... here is the po'boy way ....fat and just the right size to roll in over and
out of the bar end gap in one movement

Old 06-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY

Alright Trout, where is it? I came out to find my cramp buster gone, someone has taken it. Damn thief's...

Old 06-30-2010, 08:18 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have The Throttlemeister also. It works great when you want to zip up or fumble around for change. When it is set up correctly, you back off on the throttle and it releases, it'd much safer than the locking types.

It did take some adjusting to get it set up correctly but then I have never had to mess around with it again.

Sprock, I think those CAT Orings could get you in trouble. I think Toyota has been experimenting with them however.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:07 PM

These ones eh Tim

Yeah maybe .... but depends if ya know how to use them and plenty of ppl do
They don't quite embed into the gap in the bar end and apparently roll out with
a pass of the palm , they're fat but tacky ( um maybe real tacky )........ for
a buck sixty two cents .... I think I'll give it a try and see how it goes

Attached Thumbnails Throttlemeister Cruise Control For My Hurricane-catring.jpg  

Last edited by Sprock; 06-30-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY

Sprock, I think those CAT Orings could get you in trouble. I think Toyota has been experimenting with them however.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:38 PM

Hey Sprock, what did U do with the rest of the condom, just asking.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:22 PM

Hi Guys,
Got my throttlemeisters delivered today, only 7 days after ordering them from the USA (i'm in the u.k). I have to say they look brilliant, superbly made, and as i got the heavyweight ones to numb any possible vibrations, they're very heavy too
I was going to do a guide on how to fit them but it was so easy that it's really not worth it. If you can't work out how to fit them they you certainly couldn't use a clutch or throttle so you can't have a bike, lol.
Adjustment is made by choosing less or more washers to space the end weight away from the throttle and apart from that it's just like putting new bar end weight on, so instead of a "how to" i'll just put a couple of pics on for those that haven't seen them before. These are the heavyweight stainless ones and cost me £94 including delivery to the u.k. Not cheap but for the quality and work that goes into them they're brilliant.
Anyway, pics below......

Sorry the bike's dirty, lol. Gaz

Attached Thumbnails Throttlemeister Cruise Control For My Hurricane-both.jpg   Throttlemeister Cruise Control For My Hurricane-right.jpg   Throttlemeister Cruise Control For My Hurricane-left.jpg  
Old 07-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Default well

Originally Posted by Indiana Hurricane

Good to see you laughing for a change ......... LOL
musta changed your oil and filter today

Nice job Gaz ......... worth the money then ??

And Dave yah ....... that's what they look like don't they,
well picked one up and tried it out ........pretty ghetto
looking and they work okay I guess but think I'll go
for a set like GAZ's only in black & silver milled with
"heavy" 14oz option

Last edited by Sprock; 07-01-2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: forgot my buddy's oil change reminder :-)))

Quick Reply: Throttlemeister Cruise Control For My Hurricane