CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Thieving scum

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thieving scum

fished house and bike keys through letter box 4.00am this morning.
Lucky that I keep the alarm/immobiliser fob seperate.
The alarm sounded as they tried to push the bike away, and my lad saw them from the bedroom window. He souted at them and the cheeky ***** told him to get back inside.
The scum dropped my bike to the floor and made off with all the keys when he shouted me.
2 police cars were there in minutes, but only because we chased after the ****** in 2 cars - probably concerned for the ****s.
Anyway forensics will be here soon to collect the part empty bottles of Bud they left. The cops said there is a very good chance of collecting prints, and DNA off them.
I've now got to change all the locks on the house ,and bike. I hope the bike keys will be covered on the contents insurance otherwise I'm f*cked.
Anyone know how much a set of locks are from Honda, ignition, petrol and seat?

I've been told that if I can get the key number off the barrel they may be able to cut a key for me I had no spare.
Anyone know how to get the seat off without the key? I may be able to get a key cut to match that barrel?

Old 07-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thieving scum

Bummer. At least they did not get your bike in the end.

I bought my CBR from a tow yard (no key either). I took the barrel off and into the local dealership who were able to cut me a new one. If you know where the bike was originally purchased from you might be able to check with them to see if they have the key code on file.

Removing the barrel was kinda scary as I was told that the barrel mounting bolts might be "break away bolts" that would just snap if I tried to remove them. A security feature? I removed them very slowly and carefully and everything worked out for me. I have no idea how you'd remove the seat first. Also no clue as to how expensive all new parts would be. Perhaps a really good locksmith might be able to re-key your existing ones? I know they can do that with typical home tumblers ... bike tumblers is probably pushing it, but you never know ...

Good luck.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:44 AM

If it is the stock seat, you may be able to have someone pull up on the back part of the seat, while pushing down at the same time, and use a long flat blade screwdriver to pop the seat lock. The pull / push part is to gain access while keeping pressure off the lokcing assembly.

Old 07-12-2006, 04:38 PM

At least they didn't get the bike. That sucks that they got all your keys. Are guns allowed were you live?? heheee.

Old 07-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some years back I may have shot the *****, or at least made them think twice before trying it again.
I had to surrender S&W to the police after the Dunblane tragedy. Mini 14 went after Hungerford.
So, we are not allowed to defend ourselves or our property.
This country is crap in that respect.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:40 PM

Not allowed guns in Australia, except for Cops and some farmers.
I feel good that I can abuse idiots on the road without getting my head blown off

Could always just buy a bike lock accessory

Old 07-12-2006, 11:53 PM

Scum bag fooking ******* [:@]
The bright side, they didn't get your bike and now hopefully the cops can find them from the empty Bud bottle. It figures that they would drink buttwiper beer.... Hey where's the hurl smiley?
Here in the states, the cops could care less about car and bike theft. Unless they actually stumble into a theft in progress, not much is done. In fact my little Datsun pick up got nicked from in front of my house, the cops took the report, and on their way out of my neighborhood drove past it, without even noticing and not more then two minutes after taking the report. I found it and when the cop returned, I let him know what a idiot he was. He got all defensive. I thought we were going to come to blows. He was a total *** hat, and I told him so.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:37 AM

Not to highjack the thread, but since were on the topic of thievin scums I got a funny story.

Back in 1993 I had bought my first car without help from anyone. I took delivery of it and drove it home. about 2 weeks had passed and I had put some nice accessories on it. Rims and tires, a body kit, a stereo system, a rear spoiler, and some other things to make it my own. One day I was waiting to pull in to my work ( a dodge dealership), I was stopped in the lane, with my signal on, and WHAM, someone never stopped behind me and hit me in the back end. Needless to say it, but the car was totaled.

On to the thievin scum part. While I was in the hospital recovering, someone had stole the rims, tires, stereo system, and the rear spoiler. The police were notified, a report was filed. About 3 weeks had passed, and I was going to a party with friends. There was a car at the party that had a spoiler on it that looked like the one I had only it was a different color. I went up to the spoiler when no one was looking and used my key to scratch the paint on the underside of it. Sure enough, the color of my car paint was under the paint. I called the cops. They said they were too busy and it would be hours before they could get there. So, at the party, I found a sledge hammer and started threatening everyone at the party to cough up the owner of the car.

The owner of the car was a girl and come to find out, it was her boyfriend which I knew as an aquaitance. When I threatend him with the sledge hammer, he ended up confessing to stealing not only the spoiler, but all the other stuff. I called the cops the next day and gave them all the information on where the other stuff was. about another week had passed. During that time, I canvased the area of where the car that had my rims and tires on them. I called the cops again, but got no where. So, I called up about 6 of my friends, we got in a truck, went to the house of where the car was, and proceeded to remove the rims and tires from the car. The kid (owner of the car) called the cops on me. They instantly showed up. But I had the receipt for them that showed the serial numbers for the tires and rims.

To sum it all up. The kid even coughed up the other person that had all of my stereo equipment. In this story the cops were worthless.

What's even funnier, 12 years later, I'm good friends with the guy that originally squealed the others out.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:10 AM

lock set is currently on ebay for the bike

Old 03-19-2007, 04:25 AM

CBRChris,

Are you talking about item #250094918731? It is for 87-88 models.

Quick Reply: Thieving scum