CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

stock exhaust parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 03:22 AM
dad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock exhaust parts

Some of you guys must have some stock exhausts laying around from a pipe conversion. I could use the whole thing, including tin covers, but let me know what you've got. Dark gray color, cherry condition, you could just make my day. Any color though, just good condition. I'm not counting on anything just bolt-on, figuring I'll have to paint.

'90 and '91 are certainly the same and I think they might be right through '96. Anybody know for sure? This will help to resurrect a crashed '90 with over 120,000 miles on it. C'mon, it deserves to live after all of that.

Old 02-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Default RE: stock exhaust parts

Dad,

So you didn't have any luck finding any parts huh? I still have my stock 1990 pipes if interested.

Old 02-24-2006, 03:40 PM
dad

ORIGINAL: geoffv

Dad,

So you didn't have any luck finding any parts huh? I still have my stock 1990 pipes if interested.
Shame is, I did, just not at the right timing. About a week before Xmas I finally got all of the mechanical parts I needed. A good E-Bay hit, $170 for everything I needed. The swingarm had been the main delay. That clinched the decision to put this one back together.

BUT, a week before that, when I still was undecided because of the lack of mechanical parts at the right price, I let a complete, straight system, tin covers and all, go for $65. Who knows, we might have bid it up higher than I cared to go, but that's what it went for. Needless to say, I was then disappointed at my hesitation.

BTW, road tested the thing last week. POIFECT! All of the mechanicals are good! Now to the cosmetics. What I haven't found but would like to is a perfect tank. I may be stuck with new on that but it's a key part for appearance and must be right!

And yes, I'm interested in what you've got. Good description and price, please? PM if you care to.

Old 02-25-2006, 10:02 PM

Hi Dad,
With me getting back my old friend I also got back the stock exhust sytem. From 1993 CBR1000f Dark metalic gray. I have the header, mufflers, and side covers. They will need to be touched up. If you are still looking for some I will take pictures of mine then we can talk. Pat

Old 02-26-2006, 03:35 AM
dad

ORIGINAL: pclements

Hi Dad,
With me getting back my old friend I also got back the stock exhust sytem. From 1993 CBR1000f Dark metalic gray. I have the header, mufflers, and side covers. They will need to be touched up. If you are still looking for some I will take pictures of mine then we can talk. Pat
Let me know. I think that's the same gray as I need but not sure.

Old 02-26-2006, 03:36 AM
dad

Edit: Sorry for the repost.

Old 03-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey DAD- I know you are in rebuild mode, but I thought of you when I saw this auction on ebay #4623006635. Hope all is well w/u!