CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Replacement Bars and Bizarre Engine Rattle (attempt to post 3)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 03:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Replacement Bars and Bizarre Engine Rattle (attempt to post 3)

ORIGINAL: Compadres_CMC

ORIGINAL: karlo

Genmar do risers that give about 3/4 inch rise keep it looking stock, I have them on mine engine rattle is most likely cam chain its a built in feature on 1Kf's most do it.
Karlo,

Do you have a pic of the mod? The Genmar site is pretty vague.

Cheers
Carl

You just slide your bars up and off put the risers on then put the caps on top to neaten everything off.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:17 AM

ORIGINAL: karlo

Genmar do risers that give about 3/4 inch rise keep it looking stock, I have them on mine engine rattle is most likely cam chain its a built in feature on 1Kf's most do it.
Karlo,

Do you have a pic of the mod? The Genmar site is pretty vague.

Cheers
Carl
[/quote]

You just slide your bars up and off put the risers on then put the caps on top to neaten everything off.

[/quote]

Hi Karlo,

They're not too shabby looking are they? - I'll investigate a bit further, I did call my local bike wrecker to see if there was a replacement set of bars e.g. the VFR as previously mentioned, and he had a set that sat up about an inch higher than the stockers but he had no idea what they were off, just that they would fit the legs and they were grey - $100 for the pair.

I made the mistake of undoing the stock bars and lifting them up to approximately the height of this pair at the wreckers and it didn't feel too bad comfort wise BUT I think I've knackered something seeing as all it does now is pop and bang and refuses to fire.
I ran out of daylight and it's too cold to sit out in a cold workshop so I'll check to see if I've popped a connection somewhere. Hopefully it's something simple, it backfired out of the right pipe and damn near deafened me so digits crossed it's not a major problem. The bike only set me back 1200 bux and ran fine apart from the rattle. Oh well the joys of motorcycling - the two pics attached show the bike (red and white) when I first got it, the other pic is of how it looks now - 'til I get bored again

Cheers
Carl

Old 07-15-2008, 04:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

Camchain from the stealership is a continuous loop - no master link which means - split the casings !![:@]
Buy an aftermarket chain with a masterlink (Tsubaki, DID etc) they have m/links and can be fed into the motor using the old chain. No engine removal, total work time about 4-6 hours. Better by far.
Cheers Shadow, aftermarket it shall be - I don't mind getting my hands dirty but splitting the cases?? Not a chance

Old 07-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SICK of losing long posts.aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh !!![:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Send Tallenuff a PM on the camchain. Popping may be choke has pulled up when bars moved.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SICK of losing long posts.aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh !!![:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Send Tallenuff a PM on the camchain. Popping may be choke has pulled up when bars moved.
Popping fixed after it stopped completely - it's amazing what 4 new plugs will do to how a bike runs *shrug*

Old 07-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

HEHEHEHEHE -FOULED PLUGS
Gotta love it - at least it's fixed......
Moral of story - check the simple things first.....