CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Question: How do you crush a chair in your shed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question: How do you crush a chair in your shed?

ORIGINAL: davethepom

Thanks fellas, I'm glad I'm not the only one!
I'm waiting on the insurance company at the moment. I hope they don't try to write by baby off, as parts are REALLY dear.
Four chairs in your shed?? What are you thinking man?
Dave.

Dave i don't want to set you up as the chair/shed/safety guru cause you will be inundated with questions, but i am posting a pic of the cbr in the shed and looking at the pic realise i actually have 6 chairs and a ladder in there, is this a very big mistake. any advice will be appreciated.
signed: 'what 2 do'

ps: anyone got a better shed than mine???

[IMG]local://upfiles/8556/9FB331B63D2D4EBFA01D783FC2B47787.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-27-2006, 04:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think ladders mean us any harm, but keep a close eye on those chairs! I studied your picture very carefully and from what I can see, the green ones are engaged in some sort of foreplay prior to mating...come to think of it, I think the other two are at it as well! What sort of shed are you running there eh? Just like the brown snakes around here, chairs are at their most aggressive in the breeding season.
I hope this helps, and remember ; BEWARE THE CHAIR!!!!!
Dave.

Old 11-28-2006, 07:51 AM

Thanks for the advise Dr Dave, (hope you don't mind the Dr status), i will take your advice and clean up the shed and my act as well come to think of it... pete...

Old 11-29-2006, 08:26 AM

Trey; Good Lord! I read your reply and was there in spirit. Did you fix it? Was it covered by your insurance? Apparently there are plenty of us out there!!
Pete; You're a funny man. I'm glad you're cleaning up your act, (as well as your shed) because I don't think there's any place on the internet for the sort of chair **** in your photos!
On a serious note; For those of you who think this sort of s**t can't happen to you, I strongly suggest that you move anything within your bikes falling radius to somewhere else, and if you have a couple of strips of old carpet around the place, lay them on the ground next to where you park/work on your baby. If I, and several others amongst us, had taken these precautions several of us could have saved a lot of $$$$, but more importantly self loathing/ tears/ anger/ grief etc.
CHAIRS SUCK! Dave.

Old 11-29-2006, 04:03 PM

Hello everybody - my name is CHAIR. I've been given an opportunity to present my point of view regarding recent events and i'd be glad of the chance of a fair hearing.

CHAIRS STORY

Well, let me tell you a little about myself. I'm seventeen years old (that equates to about 53 of your human years). I'm quite sturdily built - used to be a bit of a scrapper in my younger days. As is so tragically common these days (I dont need to tell you guys), i'm divorced but getting my life back together. Anyway, enough about that. I used to live in a house with some other chairs, lots of parties etc. but the years got the better out of me and I was put outside to serve my later years in a shed. Things were not going too badly - why I even helped Dave (hi Dave) when he had some trouble with a leak on his petrol tank. It's very important for a chair to be useful, so I was pleased about that. Then one morning I was woken by Dave, who was obviously in a hurry presumably cos he'd had a few too many the night before. I was a bit worried as Dave (hi Dave) had left me a bit too close to his "pride and joy". I thought no problem - even Dave is not going to do anything clumsy. Boy was I ever wrong. Let me tell you he strapped his bag on the back of that bike in such a hurry, it was obvious even to me he'd no idea what was going on. Then the silly fat b*!stard rocks the bike of it's centrestand, leaps on, kicks the bag and suddenly i've got about 600lbs of motorcycle heading my way! I tried to help by putting my arms out, but it was too much for the weak plastic of the fairing - crunch and through it went. I'd like to tell you what Dave said, but it makes me blush. I blacked out a moment or two later, so we'll have to rely on Dave's version of events for the rest of the story.

I feel better now - thanks for listening guys. Please dont think too badly of me.

CHAIR

Old 12-03-2006, 07:45 PM

Dead chairs tell no tales!!!

Old 12-03-2006, 08:24 PM
October 2009 ROTM

R.I.P

LOL I also have a chair in my shed, but that one is actually very shy, so he´s hiding way back with some old carpets and **** over him...

Old 12-04-2006, 12:19 AM

Hey Dave, luv the pic... i hate to say this but i gotta chair exactly the same as your recently deceased one, (different pattern on the seat though) if you start to miss that old faithful and sometimes helpful chair, let me know and you can share mine...

Old 12-04-2006, 04:57 AM

Bloody hell!! They are the same. I don't believe in coincidence. Same bike...same chair within strike range...get out there NOW MAN!!!!
Dave.
p.s. The photo showed more graphic detail, but when I uploaded it some of the bottom got lost. Computers really aren't my thing, what's the go?