CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Please Help Me

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 06:44 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
But seriously, if my wife told me she wanted to drive 7hrs to look at a $500 kitten.... I'd ****in' leave her. haha...
I hear where you're coming from, but the drive to Dunedin and back is just not a big deal for us anymore.

Between having our eldest daughter there, the nearest hospital for our continuing "getting older issues" it is just one of those things you do.

Good news for me thou' is that Mission Control now has to go thru' to Dunedin on Tuesday for a meeting, so the weekend trip is off and she can check out the cat on her companies time and money.

Sweet.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting

Hey:

I'll post up a pic of the fuel filter when I get home later today, in this post.

"check out a $500 feckin kitten"
@ kiwi tk to bad you were not in the States I give you one of our Bobcat/Bengal Hybrids Kittens for free. The last one went today. Only downside to them is they can get to over 20 kilos, bigger than a medium Dog and nothing is out of their reach as they can jump 10 ft+ vertically.

Dub

This is the same location for when I had an airbox on it, It is a 1988 CBR 1000F fuel pump removed. Also its a little dirty as I just got home from riding in the rain.

Attached Thumbnails Please Help Me-88-cbr-filter.jpg   Please Help Me-88-cbr-filter2.jpg   Please Help Me-88-cbr-filter3.jpg   Please Help Me-88-cbr-filter4.jpg  

Last edited by CBR1988; 09-07-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:44 AM

wow this thread is full of fail lol. i was hoping to learn a thing or two about my bike

Old 09-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

^ Go right ahead and ask. What do you need to know.

If you want to know what color to paint it,
Zebra is over done
Pink is out
Flames, well they suck
Silly decals of skulls or bloody animals is for a different manufacture
If you go with black, for gods sake go with gloss not flat black
I personally have a thing for blue. I don't know why. I always got red toys for Christmas and my brother got blue ones. I have no idea what was going thru my parents heads. Why would they buy me red toys? I always liked blue. When I moved out I started buying blue thing for myself. Then I bough a car and painted it blue. I had some blue paint left over so I painted my girl friend's car blue. I didn't have enough paint for her car so I had to get more. I guess I bought to much because I had a lot left over. I ended up painting a CB350 that I had with that paint and a Suzuki dirt bike that I had. I still had some paint left over when I bought a van. I started to paint it blue but I ran out after painting the front end. "Well", I said to myself. "That's it for the blue paint, no more." I painted at an angle and did the back of the van in black. I sold the van for a pickup truck. The pick up was white. That was the end of blue vehicles for me.

What color are you painting your bike??????

Old 09-07-2011, 01:20 PM

lol how did you guess about painting schemes lol i have no idea right now. G/f loves blues but then saw a dodge truck with the yellow and black stripe like the super bee and really liked that color so who knows.
like this http://hemitruckclub.com/Image3.gif
or like this http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-20...A-1280x960.jpg

Old 09-07-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
^ Go right ahead and ask. What do you need to know.

If you want to know what color to paint it,
Zebra is over done
Pink is out
Flames, well they suck
Silly decals of skulls or bloody animals is for a different manufacture
If you go with black, for gods sake go with gloss not flat black
I personally have a thing for blue. I don't know why. I always got red toys for Christmas and my brother got blue ones. I have no idea what was going thru my parents heads. Why would they buy me red toys? I always liked blue. When I moved out I started buying blue thing for myself. Then I bough a car and painted it blue. I had some blue paint left over so I painted my girl friend's car blue. I didn't have enough paint for her car so I had to get more. I guess I bought to much because I had a lot left over. I ended up painting a CB350 that I had with that paint and a Suzuki dirt bike that I had. I still had some paint left over when I bought a van. I started to paint it blue but I ran out after painting the front end. "Well", I said to myself. "That's it for the blue paint, no more." I painted at an angle and did the back of the van in black. I sold the van for a pickup truck. The pick up was white. That was the end of blue vehicles for me.

What color are you painting your bike??????
Hey:

I guess you were going through the Blues during that time?

Dub

Old 09-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by herbcbr1000f
wow this thread is full of fail lol. i was hoping to learn a thing or two about my bike
Say what Herb ?!!!! This thread was pointed towards fuel pump issues with
an 87 /88 with a modest amount of stupid **** keeping it company !

Need to start a paint thread ? then go for it , best to attempt try and keep
this one with the Gen 1 fuel pump issues

Old 09-07-2011, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by CBR1988
Hey:

This is the same location for when I had an airbox on it, It is a 1988 CBR 1000F fuel pump removed. Also its a little dirty as I just got home from riding in the rain.
Hmm, that's my problem though. I've got the airbox still mounted. I guess I could just take the airbox off while I'm at it... but I don't want to have to mess with the carbs. I'll figure this sucker out yet!

Old 09-08-2011, 06:15 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Who is this "Cupcake" person from Port Woebegone, Maine?

Over 6 500 posts already and I don't remember ever seeing that name before today.

Is there some kind of trans-gender, identity reassignment thing going on here?

Old 09-08-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by BlackSubmarine
Hmm, that's my problem though. I've got the airbox still mounted. I guess I could just take the airbox off while I'm at it... but I don't want to have to mess with the carbs. I'll figure this sucker out yet!
Hey:

You do not need to remove the airbox, that is why I mentioned it was in the same location then as now. The filter fits into the area where the box is on that side and is a little tight but works just fine there. I remove the airbox long after I had removed the fuel pump and had the box on it till I ran my FCR carbs, with a different engine in this bike.

Do not remove the airboxe unless you have plenty of time to spend on a dyno to get it tuned right or tons of time to spend on road tuning and jetting/rejetting & other carb adjustments. The stock airbox works just fine on this model and only little performance gains are had getting rid of it, but other mods must take place for those to be realized or a driveabilty issue will be had and a performance decrease will be seen.

1. So locate the fuel pump by following the fuel tap hose from the tank to the round device with 2 hoses and a wired plug.
2. Disconnect wire plug and tape off or heat shink over the side remaining on the motorcycle , remove hose from tap to pump, and if putting in new fuel injection line on and inline fiter, also remove fuel line from pump to carbs. Suggest you purchase at least 18" of at least 5/16" inner diameter fuel injection hose & clamps, and same size Marine type filter if running a mostly stock bike (has modded Exhaust).
3. Run new fuel inj line from fuel tap to new inline filter and then from inline filter out to the carb bank, tighten all clamps.
4. You are completly done, now enjoy a fuel pump problem free bike.

The reason for fuel injection line is, it is better quality and has a higher burst pressure and will last longer, use matching fuel inj clamps as they clamp better. The reason for a Marine filter is they have inexpensive replacement inner filters, and filter well without restricting flow and easily available world wide.

My pic above has 3/8 line and filter as I have a large bore kit, hotter cams and a bigger valve ported head that runs with Nitrous on occasion, that goes in this bike from time to time.

Dub

Last edited by CBR1988; 09-08-2011 at 11:35 AM.