CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Opinions on options

Old 10-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on options

Ok, as I'm starting all the works. I have some options that I would like some opinion on. First off, colour. I'm thinking of a gun metal grey for the fairings black frame. But don't know what colour to do the wheels. The calipers are going gold. So do the wheels go gun metal like the fairings or white or even gold.

I'm having the frame powder coated and have been given a cost of £95 do I also do the swing arm black with the frame or does it go to match the fairings?

Old 10-21-2012, 05:31 PM

Hey Jacknife,
White bud, white, ya can't beat a good set of white wheels on most bikes.
Gun metal fairings is a great choice, what colour decals? silver or another shade of grey? (there's fifty shades of grey so I'm told) Black frame and swing arm too. Will be a good lookin bike. What model CBR?

Old 10-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Sometime in the future Jacknife, when my Garage Mahal is completed, I intend to do a CBR1000F Rothman's Replica with an '87

Go ahead, beat me to it

Cheers, SB

Old 10-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
Sometime in the future Jacknife, when my Garage Mahal is completed, I intend to do a CBR1000F Rothman's Replica with an '87

Cheers, SB
You'll probably just get yourself in trouble with your local Health Authority.

One of their minions will turn up at your house and demand that it be converted to plain packaging or you will face a substantial fine.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:53 PM
ROTM Oct 2012 & #1 Hurricane Streetfighter

Originally Posted by Ruaphu
Hey Jacknife,
White bud, white, ya can't beat a good set of white wheels on most bikes.
Gun metal fairings is a great choice, what colour decals? silver or another shade of grey? (there's fifty shades of grey so I'm told) Black frame and swing arm too. Will be a good lookin bike. What model CBR?
I agree white wheels looks good but on a cbr1000f it would just look like stock wheels. I was going to go with gun metal gray and there are tons of different variations of gunmetal gray. The gunmetal with white would not flow well but that is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions lol. I would say if you plan on going with gold and gunmetal gray then i would powder coat your wheels the same color gold. As for the swing arm id powder coat it the same color of your frame. Also instead of going with decals have some airbrush work or just tasteful pin stripping. Once my bike is done at the paint booth i am going the airbrushed route my self. Just make sure what ever you do to your bike make sure its what you want. Also if you plan on keepin her a long time do not spare any expense get what you want and do her right.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:57 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know it's a different bike, but I've seen Blackbirds in gunmetal grey with gold wheels and it looked good.

Might be a good idea to look at other members bikes just to get an idea of colour combinations, Sprocks bike is silver/grey and has white wheels, click the link.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:16 PM

Thanks for the input chaps. The gun metal grey I'm going for is a Nissan colour KAD! Which is a dark gun metal grey. I do like the idea of white wheels but also the idea of the gold. So I will try a few Photoshop edits of my wheels and see what looks good.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by jacknife
Thanks for the input chaps. The gun metal grey I'm going for is a Nissan colour KAD! Which is a dark gun metal grey. I do like the idea of white wheels but also the idea of the gold. So I will try a few Photoshop edits of my wheels and see what looks good.
Either way bud, look forward to seeing it done JK.

Last edited by Ruaphu; 10-27-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:38 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's my XJ900 in gunmetal with white rims, and chrome stickers. I don't think the calipers would look good in gold with this paint scheme. I'd go for gunmetal, same as the bike, or leave them black.
My 2c worth
I've seen a 1000F in gunmetal and it looked great.

Attached Thumbnails Opinions on options-ph-10739.jpg  
Old 10-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow
Here's my XJ900 in gunmetal with white rims, and chrome stickers. I don't think the calipers would look good in gold with this paint scheme. I'd go for gunmetal, same as the bike, or leave them black.
My 2c worth
I've seen a 1000F in gunmetal and it looked great.
I'm getting the idea that you like silver bikes Shadow

Cheers, SB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Opinions on options