CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

One step forward. two steps back....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: One step forward. two steps back....

Well said by Shawdow1 and CBR classic. Words escape me.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:23 PM

Have to admit, it was at the rear suspension where the train stopped for me. $600-$1000+ for a quality replacement broke the line after enjoying the restoration process of tunes, clutch disks, heated this, seats, lights, intakes, carb work,exhuast set up, fork springs-oil, Paint.
I couldn'tsquare up that onepiece to finish off the package and tighten up the ride quality I was looking for ona 21 year old.
The memories are great!

PS- I like the stink eyes on your gals top box!

[IMG]local://upfiles/15149/57468076D3564374B303DAC4D6F9A23A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oi, CBRClassic,Let's not get into the "100 reasons why motorcycles are better than women" thing
but +1 on both (flashy hot nightmares scare me, be they bikes or women)[X(]

Old 09-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Stray Cat, I think I had to adjust the seat hook on mine to get it to catch. If I remember correctly, I think there are two nuts that hold the "U" in place. I think they are something like 7/16" nuts. I think I had to loosen them and maybe file the holes in the plate.

It is a tight fit and with the seat is locked in place and it does not rub or move. I think mine rubs a little while I am re-installing it on the bike but that "U" is so tight that the saddle does not move at all.

It is worth a try to get it to fit. I love my Corbin and would not go back. I am 6'1" and my legs may get a little cramped but my butt is nice and comfy.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:16 AM

TBT, I looked at that option. However the "tongue" on the front of the seat that fits under the tank is installed crooked. It points off to the right, and therefore rear is too far off to the left and not even near the latch, even if I was to loosen and move the seat hook. It's like an inch off.
It's just not right. Oh and it didn't come with the bezel around the fuel selector. I'll have to either order one or take it off the stock seat.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:52 AM

I agree with CBRClassic... These things have an effect on you... Mine goes back to my 20's when I traded my CBR600F on a new 89 1000. Its the best bike i've had the pleasure of owning... Fast forward to late last year when I had the opportunity to buy another on, a 91 with 93 plastics... This one needed some TLC but it's been a labour of love andworth every minute, and $$$$.... She's nearly ready to hit the road again and i'll bet she can't wait either...

But sadly she will be up for sale as I'm moving over the ditch to Perth....

Just my 5 cents worth....

PS: I'll have to keep my eyes open for one over there....

Cheers...

Quick Reply: One step forward. two steps back....