CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

No Fan

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 07:52 AM
hmm
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hawkwind,
I used to know Terry Ollis' niece. She once told me that when he was drumming at one particular gig, he looked down and happened to notice he was stark naked.
Quality!

Old 10-21-2012, 12:20 PM
hmm
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coolant leaking

Following my fan switch failure, I was about to fit a manual switch. I first topped up with coolant (it had lost about half a litre) and started the engine to check the coolant level.

However coolant is dripping out of the water pump (when the engine is running). It seems to be coming from about 1cm behind the lowest bolt under the pump.

Is it just the gasket that has failed and if so should I replace it on its own or should I replace the whole water pump cover? Or the whole water pump?

Could this leak be as a result of the fan failing and the engine getting hot?

Thanks folks.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:02 PM
ROTM Oct 2012 & #1 Hurricane Streetfighter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hmm
Following my fan switch failure, I was about to fit a manual switch. I first topped up with coolant (it had lost about half a litre) and started the engine to check the coolant level.

However coolant is dripping out of the water pump (when the engine is running). It seems to be coming from about 1cm behind the lowest bolt under the pump.

Is it just the gasket that has failed and if so should I replace it on its own or should I replace the whole water pump cover? Or the whole water pump?

Could this leak be as a result of the fan failing and the engine getting hot?

Thanks folks.
I would first try replacing the gasket and then go from there but that is just me. Process of elimination is always best.