CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Next track day at QR

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Next track day at QR

It was a good day at thetrack I was trying different lines in the corners to get more speed with out using to much power. The rear tyre liked it but the front looks like it melted any suggestions. I got in 164k of track time it is hard on thebody but is not going to stop me from going back for more.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:21 AM

You have been caught by track driving, good for you !If one do the extreme driving on tracks only and not on streets in populated areas it is definitely a very clever move. It is easier said than done though.

If the front tyre is significantlymore scrubbed than the rear, it may show that you could use more power thru corners or change the line somewhat. If one finds a good line (dont turn in to soon) and successively apply more and more throttle thru the corner to the exit, the front will become lighter that will unload it.

In case the front tyre has too little pressure it mayalso become unnecessary hot.

I hope that more people thatare experienced on track drivinglike Dad and otherswill give their opinions on the issue.

I'll go on a track day with theBlackbirdthis coming MondayReport to follow.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:24 AM

Depends where you are. Track riding here in WA is dead boring on the goat trial they call a track with 1x left hander and a short straight.

It is also a lot more expensive as well with nowhere near the track time you get over east.

I know track riding is safer, but for me I love the thrill of doing high speed close to trees etc.