CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

new member going CRAZY!! plzz help

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now if the take is being blocked some how would you still see fuel in the clear fuel line comming out of the tank

Old 06-04-2010, 03:41 PM

Did you try running it with the gas cap open as suggested? Or open the gas cap once it dies and see if you hear the vacuum suction?

Have you completely verified there is no spark once it dies? If nothing else, pull a plug and see if its firing.

WHen you say "take" do you mean tank? If you are talking about lines to the tank,
mine has a vaccum line running to a carb where it get vaccum to send fuel to the carbs. you can take the fuel line lose and the vaccum line loose and suck on the vaccum line and see if gas starts flowing.

i may be way off from what you are talking about but thought i would chime in on some thoughts for you until some of the others answer. Correct me if Im wrong on any of this guys.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:59 PM

ok just checked voltage across the bat and #! and #2 coils
bat 11.6v
coil1 10.6v
coil2 10.6v
shouldnt coil voltage be the same as bat. voltage
and the voltage was the same no mater what spade terminal or ground i put it too this was the same on both coils

Old 06-04-2010, 04:04 PM

yes sorry i did mean tank "above" on mine there is no vaccume lines running to the carbs just 2 fuel lines connected with a T and 2 gas overflow nipples that look identical to the fuel nipples the only other nipples on the whole carb setup is the 4 tiny ones that are covered with a dust cap thing and thoes i think are only used to sync the carbs
and now im not getting any spark when i ground out the plugs and the bike has been sitting overnight
im just at a loss

Old 06-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

bat 11.6v !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anything less than around 12.3V and she won't start.
10V at the coils..........something's wrong there.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:32 PM

ok i figured out something but now im even more confused i put a charger on the bat checked it it was sitting at 12.6v instead of using a spark plug to test for a spark i used a spark tester "basically replaces the plug with a light" and it showed that all wires were fireing but they were VERY WEAK what could cause this giving that i just replaced the coils 2 days ago.
oh and i checked the voltage at the coils it was 11v now when the bat was at 12.6 would the 11v cause the coils to have a VERY weak spark?

Old 06-04-2010, 06:51 PM

i started tracing bace every wire and i found a square black relay looking thing that was on the left sode of bike next to the battery under a rubber cover anyway the part code on it is CF322 the is 4 wires running a yellow/blue stripe blue/yellow stripe brownish/red stripe and black the connector was so messed up that it was just crumbling apart in my hands 3 of the 4 wires have close to battery voltage but the connections were so corroded that this might just be my problem

Old 06-05-2010, 12:57 AM

Could be the CDI unit - mine's on the other side but mine's a 90 model........
whatever it is, clean up the connections and see if it makes a difference.
Don't you have a wiring diagram ?- if not I'll find one for you.
Could it be a starter relay ?
A picture would help a lot !

Last edited by Shadow; 06-05-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:58 PM

hey guys i just want to say how helpfull yall has been i did find out what the problem was but youll never believe it the ones that was saying it is a fuel problem was right and so was the ones that said it was a electronic problem it culpret of all my problems was the fuel cutoff relay the connector was so decriped that it was litterly crumbling apart i found this out by listing to shadow i believe he said to trace all the wiring and i did the relay was hiding under a rubber mat like thing by the battery so as soon as i unplugger it i started getting bat. voltage to the coils " guess it was grounding some of the voltage not sure how though" i hit the start button on the second crank COLD WITH NO CHOAK she fired right up and purreed like a kitten to say the least i was astastic but then about 2 min. latter she died again i started checking everything again and i found out that the fuel pump wasnt running so i used a jumperwire from the bat. to the fuel pump wire and the rest is history i cant find another relay so i just wired hooked the stitched voltage from the black wire from that went to the relay into the gold/red wire of the fuelpump and now she runs perfect. i cant believe how much power this bike has the last owner told me about all this work he had done in chicago IL and up until now i though he was just blowing smoke but i checked with the shop and low and behold everything he said was true the bike was set up for a straight drag bike, but after i put all the lights on it its now one BAD **** street bike i ended getting on it last night a lil and in 3rd gear crusing about 35mph i laid into it and even with my fat **** on it "365lbs" and being stretched about 6inches it pulled the front wheel about 3 ft. scaring the crap out of me and i set it back down and pop i blew the right fork seal " just cant win for loosing lol" so if there is anyone who can tell me how and how bid a pain in the but it is to change the seal on these bikes would be greatly appreciated. also im missing a few small fairing pannels so if any of yall have any for sale just plzz let me know

again thanks for everything and im looking forward to riding this bike and being part of your forum for years to come also looking for a club to join close to st. louis if yall know of any again thanks james

Old 06-05-2010, 07:21 PM

There's a "how to" on fork seals, James. https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-tos-81/fork-seal-replacement-104328/
Easy job
Glad you fixed it.
Tell us which panels you need..................?

Last edited by Shadow; 06-05-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Quick Reply: new member going CRAZY!! plzz help