CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

NEED HELP getting 89' hurricane running

Old 07-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP getting 89' hurricane running

Ok this is the Problem. i got a 89 hurricane for free the bike was seized up, i through a little kerosene in the engine and let it sit then splashed a little gas around in it to clean out the kerosene, cleaned it all out and got the motor unseized not the bike turns over and runs with carb cleaner sprayed into the carbs but when i try to get the tank on it dosent run i checked the fuel pump and when i direct wire it it dosent turn on at all i bought another working one and did the same thing and still dosent work. does any body know how the fuel pumps work or what i should do next to finally get this running. thanks Mike

Old 07-27-2009, 03:28 AM

If I'm reading your post correctly you have the motor running without the tank & pump hooked up?? There is a small hose under the tank that must be connected. Then the next thing to know is the fuel pump doesn't work with just the ignition on. You have to crank the starter first. If the carbies are empty it will take a little time for them to fill whilst cranking. Make sure your battery is fully charged too. If you need to jump it from your car make sure the car engine is NOT running.

Old 03-17-2018, 02:20 PM
Default How long did you leave the Kerosene in the engine?

Originally Posted by CAVO
Ok this is the Problem. i got a 89 hurricane for free the bike was seized up, i through a little kerosene in the engine and let it sit then splashed a little gas around in it to clean out the kerosene, cleaned it all out and got the motor unseized not the bike turns over and runs with carb cleaner sprayed into the carbs but when i try to get the tank on it dosent run i checked the fuel pump and when i direct wire it it dosent turn on at all i bought another working one and did the same thing and still dosent work. does any body know how the fuel pumps work or what i should do next to finally get this running. thanks Mike
My 87 cbr1000 is seized up from setting for so long without being crunk, so my question is how long do i leave the kerosene in the engine and is that all you done to unseize ur engine was let kerosen sit in urs to get it unseized or did you have to do something else other than that to unseize your motor i have got everything else done this is all that is stopping me from riding it i could really use your help if you dont mind answering my questions! I would greatly appreciate it i have been trying to figure this out for going on 2 months now and ur the only person i have seen that has had the same problem with the engine being seized please im really need ur help

Old 03-17-2018, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator
Received 310 Likes on 254 Posts

You are replying to a very old thread. I doubt you will get a response. Start a new one of your own in the section for your bike and you will have better luck.