CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Lookin for more Oomph!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin for more Oomph!?

Can anyone help give me some ideas as to what I can do to give my 95 cane some more power? I know we dont have as many options open to us as those with FI, but there has to be something out there right? I got a yosh exhaust system on it, and I think the previous owner may have done a stage one jet kit? but not to sure about that.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Lookin for more Oomph!?

Push it past 6000 RPM and see what happens.........!!
With a Yoshi and a jet kit she's probably pushing out around 130BHP - You could go up one or two teeth on the rear sprocket,to 43/44 or down 1 tooth on the front, to 16. It then becomes a wheelie machine, but your pocket will suffer....

Old 05-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm waiting for somebody else to make the investment in this to see if it makes a differance

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...ayphotohosting

Old 05-24-2008, 10:38 AM

ive seen on like that from tts, ill find link, bores out to like 1050 or 80cc? im seriously considering it. yea i know shes a screamer above 6k lol but my buddy on his 03 1100xx flys by me like im standing still while hes rolling on [&o] lol. now by no means do i think i can do that to him no matter what i do and thats not my intention at all, i just want to be able to keep up with him a little bit better is all. and im not to positive it does have the jet kit, i think its just the exhaust which just roars the second you hit 4k and it is the most beautiful thing you could ever hope to hear lol. thanks for the ideas thus far though, ill keep reading and posting what i come up with to share with anyone else looking to geta bit more power.

also my local shop just got a dyno and are going to start having dyno nights. gonna go there and see how i do. im expecting about 85-95 rwhp and about 75-85 rwtq considering stock hp is like 135 and tq is like 104? correct me if im wrong and you lose about 30% or so? but we will see and i will keep a list of mods i try and new dyno read outs to show whats goin on with the bike

Andrew

Old 05-24-2008, 10:45 AM

that would be nice but i dont think im pushing 130 at the wheels lol.. at thecrank
maybe. but like i said i doubt the jet kit and i found one fore 150 so ill give that a shot first and see how that goes.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Abacus

I'm waiting for somebody else to make the investment in this to see if it makes a differance

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...ayphotohosting
I had a look in to this conversion

The big problem with the above kit is the 12:1 compression ratio it produces. The standard CBR1000F has a 10.5:1 ratio.
Unless you have access to a good machine shop or know of a supplier who will provide thicker head gaskets to lower the
compression ratio it will not like pump gas.
You would need premium gas as a minimum and probably premium gas + octane booster to prevent pre-ignition.

Should they produce a piston set with a slightly lower crown to replicate the 10.5:1 standard compression ratio - I want one !!

Old 05-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can't expect a Hurricane to keep up with a Blackbird - they produce more horsepower, more torque, are lighter and handle better. And Hurricanes're about 70Kg's heavier than a superbike, with 50 or 60 less horsepower......If you want to keep up with them, you've maybe got the wrong bike, but for long distance, high speed runs, nothing will touch a Hurricane for comfort, endurance, and reliability.

Abacus, the Wiseco kit pushes cc's out to (I think) 1146, and makes a HUGE difference - my buddy has it on his 88 model, runs standard leaded 95 octane, and slaughters everything short of the GSXR or RX10, and he wasn't far behind them. He runs 16/43 or 44 ratios, and blows me into the weeds every time. Reliable too, for what it's worth.

Old 05-24-2008, 04:33 PM

Well we do tour a lot and i love the comfort on my hurricane more so than his bird and he does to, we just got back from a ride down to MN and we traded bikes for a bit. i know the birds got like 165hp but he said they only put down about 130 to the wheel, but he has me on tq by a long shot. and i was under the impression that bore kit only brought it up to 1049 as per their site? maybe im reading it wrong. im not looking to match him by any means lol just keep up a little better is all, plus it could be fun to see what kind of power you can get out of that motor, fun little project of sorts i guess. dunno, he likes it though says its a fun bike with good power and very clean for the yr and what i paid for it so that was a booster to hear

Old 05-24-2008, 09:19 PM

What does a Dynojet kit normally cost?
I have a full Predator exhaust kit, K&N filter, Iridium plugs but the bike doesn't feel much different from stock. It has lotsa power...but you can never have to much..

Old 05-24-2008, 10:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Coopz

What does a Dynojet kit normally cost?
I have a full Predator exhaust kit, K&N filter, Iridium plugs but the bike doesn't feel much different from stock. It has lotsa power...but you can never have to much..

The Dynojet kit is incredible overpriced and it doesn'tmake a single horsepower more than new main jets and washers under the needle seats will do for a 10th of the price. Another disadvantage with DJ kits is that their needles are shaped differently. This will make the carbneedles, and worse, the emulsion tubes to wear much faster.

Quick Reply: Lookin for more Oomph!?