CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

lithium batteries

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as stated above, CCT rattle. just going from cheap 10-40 to cheap 20-50 helped a lot. ive read a lot of people saying the honda oil helps even more and also reduces missed shifts? not sure if true or not just what i heard. either way it was like $30 for 5 quarts, still cheaper than mobil1.

also got my New coils back there, doing a Coil on Plug conversion. will post pics of that too

Old 03-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Banned

I can't think for the life of me where you'd put the battery under the fairing. Even if you did find somewhere you have to take engine temperature into consideration and how that would affect the battery. That's why the battery is where it is atm. It's also centrally located which doesn't affect the weight of it on one side or the other. Its also safe there from damage etc.

It's your bike and you do what you like with it of course but there's no way I'd consider putting the battery anywhere other than where its designed to go. Good luck with it though and I'm very interested in seeing where you do put that battery if its not in the battery box. Cheers.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:52 AM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting

Originally Posted by ganzey
Battery came today. not as small as i thought it would be but definetly light. ill post pics in a few.

As for build up in battery compartment to hold it, i am thinking if moving the battery to under the fairing somewhere and using the battery tray for storage like wallet, car keys, phone, and gps mount for phone if it doesnt get too hot, ill have to ride it for a while then measure the temp in there to make sure it isnt too hot to hold a phone. i think wiring in a phone charger down there would be pretty cool.
Hey:

I have had my Shorai direct replacement in for over a year and a half and have never taken a charger to it since new. I got the Shorai charger too but have only used it on the initial charge. It sets in the bike for no more than 3 wks when I am gone and sounds like a fresh charged battery when I come back and hit the starter button. I couldn't be happier except I would have liked to got one at half the price but they work good. No complaints here.

Dub