CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

I GOT IT YO!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I GOT IT YO!

I know I know my name says 88caneboy, thats b/c I originally was going to buy a 88 cane but that fell through, for the best! This bad boy is now sitting in my driveway as of 30 min ago, i will get pics up as soon as possible but im exhausted and need to sleep b4 work.

Hello all and i hope to post many adventures on my very first bike http://revdeals.com/cycle_inventory/index.php?ss=off&action=displayBig&iteminf o=solo|hpim1561.jpg

Andrew

Old 05-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: I GOT IT YO!

Nice bike, Andrew - now you'll have to change your name to 95caneboy - !

[IMG]local://upfiles/22903/81E1253C8D994A09A9E443496AA15E15.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-21-2008, 08:13 PM

sry bout taking so long but the site was down for me for a while so here they are! isnt he purdy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...olic/front.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...c/leftside.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...c/odometer.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../rightside.jpg

and i will also be attending myvery first ride this weekend, i know its late notice but my 1100xx friend and i will be attending

For those of you that want to get a head-start on planning your rides for the upcoming season, here’s the tentative 2008 COG Ride Schedule for the Wisconsin

Area. As always, we’re open to all brands, and non-members are welcome to join in. I’d like to hear from anyone who might be interested in leading rides,

particularly those of you that live outside of the Southeastern corner of the state. Call me at (262) 970-9801 or e-mail me at dmcclurg@wi.rr.com with details

on dates, times and gathering points, and I’ll get your ride on the schedule. Currently scheduled rides include:

Sat. - Mon. May 24-26, 2008 COG River Run 2008.

We’re doing the River Run over Memorial Day Weekend again this year. This three-day adventure begins on Saturday, May 24th with a ride west to the Mississippi, then north along the Great River Road to Wabasha, MN (just across the river from Nelson, WI). Dinner on Saturday night will be at Slippery’s, overlooking the river at the west end of Main Street in Wabasha. (651-565-4748)

On Sunday morning, we’ll meet for breakfast at 9:00 a.m. at Beth’s Café on Highway 35 in Nelson, and then head southeast over the twistiest, most scenic roads in the Midwest. Sunday night will be spent in or near Viroqua, about 30 miles southeast of LaCrosse. Those interested in beautiful, but “rustic” (i.e. no showers) camping will be staying at Sidie Hollow County Park, south of Hwy 56, just a few miles west of Viroqua. (Follow the signs from Hwy 56) Motel options in Viroqua and Wabasha are listed below.

On Monday morning, we’ll meet for breakfast at about 9:00 a.m. at the Main Street Cafe on Highway 14 on the north edge of Viroqua before heading home. My group will be going southeast on a variety of great HFRO roads. Total mileage will be 250-300 miles each day. If you’re looking for a long weekend of intense riding sprinkled with incredible scenic overlooks, the River Run is for you.

Interested? Join us at the McDonalds at Hwy 83 & I-94 west of Waukesha at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 24, 2008, or pick up the ride in progress at the Merrimac Ferry (north side of the river) around 10:30 a.m. For those in the western part of the state, consider joining us for lunch at the Café Fiesta Fe at 130 South Main Street in Richland Center at about 12:30 p.m. or at the “Scenic Overlook” just off Highway 35 between Genoa and Stoddard at about 3:00 p.m. where we’ll meet some of our Minnesota friends for the last leg of the day’s ride to Wabasha. This overlook, marked by signs on the “Great River Road,” is high up on a bluff, and provides a beautiful view over the Mississippi. If you can’t get away to ride with the group on Saturday, feel free to meet us for dinner at Slippery’s on Saturday night, or for breakfast on Sunday morning at Beth’s Café in Nelson.

Lodging options in Wabasha, MN for the 2008 River Run &nbsp

Old 05-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice bike !
Just a thought - I wouldn't hang my helmet from the lock - you'll damage the side/rear panel paint on bike and helmet, and fry the lining of the helmet over time - too close to hot exhaust.......

Old 05-22-2008, 07:42 AM

You beat me to that one Shadow. My thoughts exactly. As soon as I seen it send shivers down my spine!

Nice bike. Keep that back rim clean....heheh Looks like my twin. How do the pipes sound??

Old 05-22-2008, 08:36 AM

pretty tame actually... but thats only till i hit 4k... then she roars, very nice. my friend said he nearly sh*t himself when i did a fly by lol. i will when i replace the tires on it.. the back tire pretty much doesnt exist and the front tire is to small a size for the bike cuz the jack *** before me just wanted a quick fix.