CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

I does not drip oil on the center stand.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrchips
Not Bad .... Wax is clean but i'm commuting 1500 km a month & can't be ar$ed waxing my chain every couple of weeks + i'm gettin some good chain milage with the scottoiler (21,000 km & only had to adjusted once).
The chain wax I use is in an aerosol can. Just spray it on the rolllers. 2 minutes and done.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:41 AM

I would check your left crankcase cover gasket. My bike was doing the same thing and I pulled my fairings off and there it was seeping off the left side of the cover. U replaced the gasket and added a little honda bond and away I went. I just need to replace the actual crankcase cover now because after taking it off I notice that it was cracked behind the cover but not in the outer portion of it. Anyways check that as well.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by herbcbr1000f
I would check your left crankcase cover gasket. My bike was doing the same thing and I pulled my fairings off and there it was seeping off the left side of the cover. U replaced the gasket and added a little honda bond and away I went. I just need to replace the actual crankcase cover now because after taking it off I notice that it was cracked behind the cover but not in the outer portion of it. Anyways check that as well.
Are these covers plastic? I am really new to these bikes and mine looks like hard black plastic.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are these covers plastic? I am really new to these bikes and mine looks like hard black plastic.
Nope, they're aluminum.

edit: Unless you're just talking about the protectors. They're the smaller external covers that are plastic.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:57 PM

if you remove that plastic cover you will see the left crank and now mine is doing the same thing again. Leaking oil while on the side stand but not on the center stand looks like i am replacing the crankcase cover. i know how you feel how it is frustrating

Old 09-06-2011, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by ThaBrock
But if I leave it on the side stand for a bit, I get a little territorial marker on the ground.
Any one know which gasket I need to purchase?
I was doing some maintenance & noticed a wet patch under my clutch slave cyclinder. There's a small hole that can leak out clutch fluid when the seal is kaputing itself.

I've ordered a new seal & gasket to fix but thought it worth a mention wrt to your problem.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

So far no reply on what kind of oil after cleaning. Just wiping it down with a rag should help to determine if it is,
(1) engine oil
(2) clutch fluid
(3) chain oil

Wipe it down and when you see it appear again, touch it with a finger and look at it. A white piece of paper will help to determine the color.
I have had bikes drip some chain oil only when on the side stand but I think I will go with Shadow this time if I had to put any money on it.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Bill

BUMP

don't keep us in the dark here on this one ....how'd it turn out ? !

Old 09-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Banned

Sorry guys,I've been too busy RIDING the crap out of the bike.

After the next routine oil change I noticed the oil spots stopped.
I guess the crank case was over filled?

Also, 90% of the time I am center standing the bike just in case.

I will say that it is not fixed by any means but, the bike starts, idles and screams on demand so I will enjoy it until I see bigger problems.
The clutch plates and springs may be getting changed soon. ( noticing a little slip )

Old 09-08-2011, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by ThaBrock
Sorry guys,I've been too busy RIDING the crap out of the bike
Amen to that !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I does not drip oil on the center stand.