CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Hyperpro rumour !

Old 10-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyperpro rumour !

Just bought me Hyperpro front springs and i'm wondering if anyone had heard the same rumour that i've heard aboutthese springs.
They are made in the same factory and if you compare these two brands, Ohlins and Hyperpro front springs, they look exactly the same.You cant measure any differencies between them.......maybe the structure of the "metal" could be different...?
Ohlins are suppose to be the best spring brand in the world.

Have anyone changed to other springs i the fork ?
Did it make any difference that you could feel when riding the bike ?

Payed 800 kr (120 USD)with oil included.

[IMG]local://upfiles/18306/8EAA85359FB8406F905055D9853D8B49.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Default RE: Hyperpro rumour !

Sorry cant help with that, but the chances are your proberly right. I'm hoping to upgrade my springs for heavy duty ones next year, same with the rear damper and use a slightly heavier oil. Let us know how you get on with them.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:54 PM

Theoretically, the springs could be made in the same factory. ButI doubt that Ohlin’swould everuse the Hyperpro facilities to fabricate springs. Ohlins must keep the integrity of the company to any cost to be in lead, and control the high-end market segment as they do. Also, a major difference is that Hyperpro springs are progressive, while all Ohlins springs are linear. My understanding is that Hyperpro is better for road applications while linear Ohlins springs are more consistent on tracks. On the other hand, about all new sport bikes have slightly progressive fork springs and they perform very well on tracks and the limitation is normallythe driver and not the chassi. All stock sport bikes runs very close to anylap record right out of the box.

I use a Hyperpro GP shock rear and WP suspension springs front. Both are progressive. The intention was to also replace the birds stock fork springs to Hyperpro that I bought, but didn't put on since the weak stock springs was found to be already replaced. My bike is on the stiff side but that really pays when it is loaded and then is very stable. It is totally impossible for me to bottom the fork. I gave the Hyperpro fork springs to a guy that frequently bottomed his fork on a bird when he runned on track. He said the Hyperpro springs made a night and day difference. I'm sure Hyperpro's will be great for you; comfy on roads and small bumps while stiff and stable when running hard on road and track or with passenger.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:03 AM

There is a million & one things that can go into getting the right steel recipie for springs. Even with springs the same rates.