CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

How to wire your 1000f street fighter

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
dwarfdwarf ...are you the same person as "don't know what i'm doing"

Registering under a new member name did not help ...
Multiple member rego's are frowned apron ...
No I'm not... Aren't you a moderator, you can't check the ips and verify that?

It's a little disheartening that I've always been able to recieve help here, and now that I ask about streetfightering my bike, not only are the moderators condescending towards me, but accuse me of creating multiple accounts

Old 09-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dwarf, classic was seriously just asking.
The fact that he went on to answer the original question should prove that.
If he was a *****, he would have just cut the OP. Instead, he actually gave him a legitimate answer (and a kind one at that!!)

I don't think anyone here hates people for streetfighting these bikes, either. This isn't really the bike to do it with, but if you want to do it (or have to or whatever), I wish you luck with it. Really, I do.
The question of what to do with the wires, though, isn't a tough one. If you don't want the wires visible... then hide them!
There is no magic answer that makes all the wiring go bye bye. You have to be creative and try and hide it.
That's all there is to it.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Administrator - Retired

Yep, you and shadow both...

meanest.... mods....ever....

Old 09-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by don't know what i'm doing
does anyone have pictures they can show me. where do i hide the wires?
use slice flexible plastic tube and wrap it with electrical tape, wrap the wire socket and fuse box.. use black cable ties when put it beside the gas tank frame , make it neatly..

Last edited by raiden; 09-19-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Default All prickdom or not aside...

Some of us, like me, are very interested in stuff about making a 1000F streetfighter...like, those of us who may have picked up a cheap 1000F and can't afford plastics for them, or really any plastics. Hell, after a new airbox, new chain and sprockets, new tires, and a trail-tech guage computer, uhhh, yeah, I won't have any any money left for anything for awhile. I don't care if it's not the best bike to streetfighterize, or if you are running full plastics, I have what I have to work with. I'd love to run full plastics, but if nobody wants to give me any for free or super cheap, then my choices are either a 1000F streetfighter, or sell my bike and get an older, crappier bike. Right now, my 1000F streetfighter is all I got, and I want to do what I can to improve it, because it's a great bike but needs some attention in places. I'm sure the OP is in a similar situation.

I'd love to read anything someone has to say about making a 1000F streetfighter, and nothing about why I shouldn't bother. I'm bothering. Also, if someone has good insight on how to do it, and the word gets out that there are some great shortcuts and workarounds for things like wiring and oil-cooler repositioning (How to fab an easy bracket, where to get the parts to redo the tubing yourself) then I'm sure more people would do it. This is a community, let's help each other out and not trash each other's project ideas. Thanks!

Old 09-25-2009, 07:28 PM

For all your streetfightering needs: http://www.customfighters.com/forums/

The only downside to that forum is how humbled you'll be by the skills of some of the members. That, and their utterly hideous site design.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:22 PM

Well I wouldn't realy call mine a streetfighter, but it is a 1000f naked (as In no plastics) all my wiring is under my tank, and my oil cooler has been re-mounted, so as soon as I have a spare minute and an 8mm socket in my hand, I'll take some pics of how things on my ugly duckling have been done

Old 09-29-2009, 02:26 AM

I wouldn't really call mine a streetfighter either, though I guess it looks like it GOT in a street fight :P It's just naked, with no gauges, scratches everywhere, and an Acerbis Cyclops headlight with no windscreen. Skidmarx, I would love to see how you did your stuff, the oil cooler especially, I'm a little stumped on how to do it in a way that's not completely ghetto.

Quick Reply: How to wire your 1000f street fighter