CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

How are CBR1000fs regarded in the biking world?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Missynet
In with Sebastionbear here,

Most dont say a word about my bike, they just seem to be stoned, and wow moment on the age and its looking relationship.

I dont think its gotten old, still looks awsome and I think a bit more comfortable that most bikes. (for my needs atleast)

She might be old but I recon she havent lost her horses nowhere and that counts! Like a 21 yr old in a 65 body

Great answer Missynet! And I should know being a 16 year old in a 52 year old body

I tell my friends, its not my age, it's the mileage that counts..........

Cheers, SB

Old 09-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just last week I parked to go into a meeting. Another member walked up and said, "Hoo hoo! Someone just got a new bike. He didn't want to believe I'd been riding it for six years or so. And when told it was a 1991 model he was amazed.

On the other hand a few years ago I pulled into a Honda dealer's lot and was greeted with, "I like to see these old bikes still running."

Most non-bikers think the Hurricane is a cool bike. Those in the know about bikes appreciate the fact that they still run and are amazed that they are cosmetically well preserved (if they are.) People who have to have to have the latest, fastest, baddest bikes consider them dinosaurs. Those of us that ride them love them.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As someone else said I dont give a rats rectum what anyone thinks of my CBR 1000F. I just love it and that's all that matters. It pulls like a freight train, gives me no trouble ( touch wood ) and still looks the goods as it did in 1989. Being a Honda its a quality machine that needs no explanation to anyone except me who rides it.
They are an exceptional machine for their age and I'd rather a 1000F any day than the majority of crap they turn out these days.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The biggest mental fistpump moment for me, came when I stopped out at a little dirt track oval in a small town near me. I was cruising the pits with my camera and I asked one of the racers if I could take some pics of his bike. He said, "Hey! Your the guy with old Hurricane I see every morning"

I think if racers notice you for you what ride. That's too cool.

The 91-up F models, to me are the best looking. Handsome from any angle. Honda did it right.

My only complaint is that front fender.

My Gawd! It looks like you could remove the thing and go play Jai Alai with it

Old 09-10-2012, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by wooferdog
The biggest mental fistpump moment for me, came when I stopped out at a little dirt track oval in a small town near me. I was cruising the pits with my camera and I asked one of the racers if I could take some pics of his bike. He said, "Hey! Your the guy with old Hurricane I see every morning"

I think if racers notice you for you what ride. That's too cool.

The 91-up F models, to me are the best looking. Handsome from any angle. Honda did it right.

My only complaint is that front fender.

My Gawd! It looks like you could remove the thing and go play Jai Alai with it
Being from the UK i reckon 99.9% of people wouldn't know what the sport is as it simply isnt played or watched over here, but that 0.1% that do will be Jackass fans like myself

Last edited by Scott Ibiza Live Page; 09-10-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Originally Posted by wooferdog
He said, "Hey! Your the guy with old Hurricane I see every morning"
Now Dave are you absolutely sure he didn't say "Hey! Your the old guy with the Hurricane I see every morning"?

It's a subtle difference I know, but we're all guilty at times of hearing what we want to hear.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:23 PM

I have had my 1996 1000F since March and the biggest compliment I have gotten was from a group of coworkers I went riding with in the mountains. One was on a Duciti 848 and two were on R1s. After a series of switchbacks and two nice straights, the 848 rider pulled over and said, " I thought for sure we would lose you back there." Just goes to show that Honda had the right idea. I comute about 160 miles a day to work on it and I have added over 7000 miles since March. I couldn't be happier.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:19 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The magazine reviews of the time called it the 'ballistic sofa'. They also said the competitors were more exciting ect ect. However most concluded that the CBR was the one they'd most like to live with.

The UK biking community in general regards the 1000F as boring (though most have no experience of the bike). I suppose people that read reviews aren't impressed by a supremely capable and extremely comfortable mile muncher. After all, that's not why people get excited about Ferraris and the like.

Me I love her, she does everything I want and more

Old 09-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cokeman7
I have had my 1996 1000F since March and the biggest compliment I have gotten was from a group of coworkers I went riding with in the mountains. One was on a Duciti 848 and two were on R1s. After a series of switchbacks and two nice straights, the 848 rider pulled over and said, " I thought for sure we would lose you back there." Just goes to show that Honda had the right idea. I comute about 160 miles a day to work on it and I have added over 7000 miles since March. I couldn't be happier.
I've had that said to me before to Cokeman last year coming home from the Moto GP at Phillip Island. Problem was the guys ( early 20's ) that said it couldn't ride for **** and it wasn't hard to keep up with them. One was on a MV Agusta and two others on R1's all leather clad...you know how it goes. The thing that really rubbed it in for them was that I had my son on the back and plenty of luggage and went around them like they were standing still. We all pulled up for fuel not long after but they stayed well away.......lol.

Moral to the story......watch the old bloke on the 1000F.......he aint done with yet......

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-11-2012 at 10:29 PM. Reason: No satirical spellings of profanity
Old 09-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by Bordo
I've had that said to me before to Cokeman last year coming home from the Moto GP at Phillip Island. Problem was the guys ( early 20's ) that said it couldn't ride for **** and it wasn't hard to keep up with them. One was on a MV Agusta and two others on R1's all leather clad...you know how it goes. The thing that really rubbed it in for them was that I had my son on the back and plenty of luggage and went around them like they were standing still. We all pulled up for fuel not long after but they stayed well away.......lol.

Moral to the story......watch the old bloke on the 1000F.......he aint done with yet......
Your right, deep pockets don't make up for 24 years of riding. It is nice to see the look on their faces after they get passed on the outside by "The Bus".

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-19-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: fix quote

Quick Reply: How are CBR1000fs regarded in the biking world?