Old 06-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
Are they interchangeable?

Don't think so the "D"s are wider and shorter

Old 06-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, hello folks, I'm sorry I disappeared for a day or so. So I have figured out PART of the reason, well correction 2 Parts of the reason... FIRST.. My bloody carb is still not sitting in tight because of the pod filters, they hit my tank and so the carb kinda comes out.. its that or tank doesn't fit.. So now I will raise the tank about 1inch of so.. Question is how.. I don't wanna cut and then fabricate another joint.. rather somehow go to homedepot find a hinge of some kind that has 2 nut threads where i can insert the first screw at the bottom where th tank normally sits and then the other hole to where my new position will be. should look like a -I--I-

Old 06-28-2012, 09:20 PM

2nd problem and the most obvious one would be....... CARB SYNC.. but that will come after i get this tank raised.. I dont worry about how my fairings look.. because the weirder the better.. because of the paint job(that remids me I havn't posted a pic of my 91cbr1k yet) .. I promise I will soon as I am satisfied with it.. (maybe 2 weeks from now.. after I give it another paint job on the wheels and swingarm).. Folks Please keep the opinions coming..I am loving them to the fullest.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:57 AM

I had a old v-4 that did the same thing come to find out i had to remove the air filter and spray out the air passages with carb cleaner and a little compressed air after that Idle was fine.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Aman Lokhandwala
Well, hello folks, I'm sorry I disappeared for a day or so. So I have figured out PART of the reason, well correction 2 Parts of the reason... FIRST.. My bloody carb is still not sitting in tight because of the pod filters, they hit my tank and so the carb kinda comes out.. its that or tank doesn't fit.. So now I will raise the tank about 1inch of so.. Question is how.. I don't wanna cut and then fabricate another joint.. rather somehow go to homedepot find a hinge of some kind that has 2 nut threads where i can insert the first screw at the bottom where th tank normally sits and then the other hole to where my new position will be. should look like a -I--I-
Spacers under the tank two bolts at the triple tees

Make two brackets at the tank hinge bolt - cut down two flat brackets from
a hardware store and drill to suit.

Or

Get proper diameter more flex hose from an auto store and make longer
air tubes for the pods , put a rod across the top of them once fitted
and use a bracket or tie to curve downward away from the tank

Cap'tn Obvious lol
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Last edited by Sprock; 07-03-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Others have installed pods, perhaps it would be easier to get smaller pods.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:04 PM

That bothers me more, because yes your right, but these were the smallest I found.. so that means the tank is not from the same year or something.. which doesn't matter atm, but i am interested in the flex tube thing, because the last owner had did that with his pods.. but his pods well.. lets jsut say.. arnt worth putting back on.. If someone could find me a link to a webpage for the rigging it be nice,...because i have searched and i can't find it.. I really want this biek tobe at its full potential and the first gear is annoying now..

Old 07-03-2012, 10:08 PM

Take the pod(s) to the auto part store - Napa comes to mind and find a like sized
diameter radiator hose and cut @ angle to suit then some light alum bar stock and or
some wire ties - get creative make it your own, it's only as difficult as you make it out
to be. Don't think you'd find a how to on it anywhere.

But I think "ttsupra" used radiator hose in a similar fashion to attach his carbs to the head

You'd just be doing the other side the same way

ttsupra's post

scroll up a post or two

Last edited by Sprock; 07-03-2012 at 10:15 PM.