CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

hi new cbr owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi new cbr owner

hi im new here i just got a 1990 cbr1000f, ive been trying to upload a pic of my bike but it keeps saying file to big and im not sure how to get it to work. but anyways about my bike. i got it about 2 months ago and it had a charging problem, so i figured out that the voltage regulator was broken so i replaced it. it ran for a bit, now it wont start at all, the oil is good and the plug wires and coils are good i also cleaned out the carbs,before it quit it sounded like it was running off of 3 cylinders, ive still got a few more things to check like the plugs and also making sure that i do have every thing hucked up but if anyone does have any advice i would greatly appreciate it. my bike is also missing most of the bodywork and i have been searching everywhere to find them but i gess they are rare, i didnt know this before i got the bike. i do love this bike it ran beautiful before it quit and i am going to make this bike a long project of mine i look forward to some chats with some of the more expereanced 1000f enthusiest here. thank you for your time

jared.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:36 AM
Default RE: hi new cbr owner

If you are using the pictures straight from the camera, they will be too big.
you can open the photo in MS-Paint and resize the image, remember to copy the orginal photo (or save a copy and play with that).

as a rule, I would resize it very low, say 20% and if it looks like crap, undo (ctrl-z)and resize at a higher res.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:49 AM

thanks ill try that

Old 10-29-2008, 01:42 AM

Hi, and welcome to owning the best all-rounder (IMHO) that can be bought! I tried a couple of years ago to replace my beast, but I honestly couldn't find another bike that would do everything mine can at the same price. OK the Bird will, but the price is still a bit too high at the mo. Not ultra-rare, but people do tend to keep the CBR. so spares can be a little harder to source, just keep scanning good ol' eBay...

With regards to your bike, try the basics first, dont get sidetracked. Have you got sparks when spinning it up on the starter? Remember that 2 coils feed 4 plugs...... The thing WONT start if its in gear with the sidestand down. It also has an over-ride on the clutch, to allow it to start in-gear with the clutch in. Check ALL those wiring connections. Also dont disregard the kill-switch and wiring. The bike WILL spin with this in the OFF position. One of the guys here at work bought a brand new Triumph 675, and called out the AA (UK Road assistance co.), cos it wouldnt start. OK so he was new to the bike, but not even the AA guy noticed the kill-switch was in the OFF position, and had it trailered to a local Bike shop. Hilarious, but it does go to show......

Enjoy

Ara

Old 10-29-2008, 02:51 AM

yea i just finished checking the plugs,wires,and coils just now and the plugs needed a little cleaning and when i put it back together it keep acting like it wanted to start, it would run for a second and then die agine, i ran the battery down trying to start it and now its charging but i think that it is eather flooding or i just need new plugs, but ill figure it out just not today thanks for the comments ill updatewhen i make another breakthrough.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:35 AM

I use this program for reducing photos, it's a free download, works for me, Steve

http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

Old 10-29-2008, 05:36 AM

If you have Win XP, you can download the MS PowerToys Image Resizer.