New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New owner

I am also a new rider. I picked up a '06 1000rr with 5k miles for 4 grand. No damage, paint looks brand new, an overall immaculate bike. It also has a full jardine exhaust which I am going to sell over the winter and buy the stock exhaust.

I know some people are wondering why I am starting with a litre bike right off the bat. The first factor was the price; all of the 600s I was looking at were priced at 4k-8k, they were also older and had more miles. The second factor being my past experiences; I have ridden dirt bikes and I have ridden friends bikes such as a r6, zx-10, gsxr750. I was honestly more comfortable driving the bigger of the group at regular traffic speeds. The third factor: CBR's are the best looking street bikes in my opinion.

I have a lot of respect for my bike, and I am well aware of what it can do (good and bad). This is why I am putting the stock exhaust back on, I feel it already has way more power than I will be using for a while and I don't want the extra noise. I will definitely be taking it slow while I learn my bike and improve my riding skills dramatically.

Anyways, I will be accumulating my gear over the winter in preparation for next season. The only mods that will be on this bike are frame sliders and flush signals. I can't wait to hit the streets!

Name:  photo-1.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  50.1 KB

Old 10-26-2010, 07:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well as for starting out on a 1K just be careful!! but you need to be careful on a 250 too, so its all relative. Glad to hear you have some background in it at least. Stay safe.

but GREAT looking bike, and sounds like a hell of a deal at around 4k. Impressive find.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:32 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY

Hello and Welcome to the CBR Forums!!! Congrat's on the new to you purchase. That is a good looking CBR, I would of had a hard time passing up that good deal. I would suggest changing out all the fluids cause you don't know what the PO has in there.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:18 AM

riding a litre bike isnt much difference from a 600 / 750 in reality , it just a little more up and go about it !!! , as for changing the exorst system personally id leave it on ,u cnt beat the sound of a race can on a 1000 cc super bike, and just remember it will only go as fast as you want it to so enjoy it at your own pace

Old 10-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet Deal ya got there, welcome to the Forum , enjoy the bike , seems you have a
healthy respect for it and that should serve you well as you get time down on it

Very nice !

Old 10-27-2010, 11:28 PM

Thanks all for the comments and advice.

The weather was ok today so I finally got some ride time in today and I am very impressed with how easy this bike is to ride! It is well-manered and feels very nimble to me. This is by far the easiest bike I have ridden. With that said, the bike is still very intimidating to me with all of the power on tap. I have only used around half throttle at the most and even at that it is ridiculously fast. If I would have bought this bike 5 years ago when I still had the 'invincible' mentality I am almost certain I would be dead within a year.

I have done a lot of research in the last few days on gear and made a nice purchase. I picked up a Z1r Venom Molotov helmet; I know it is a cheaper cost helmet but I decided to get it based on the average G forces that it exerts to the brain during testing. It was a lot less G's than many top brand helmets that cost over $300. It is also comfortable which is one of the most important qualities in choosing a lid. I have been looking at a few jackets too, but I am torn between textile and leather. I know leather is a better protector but I live in New Mexico and it gets HOT in the summers.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

David, pokušajte počevši vlastiti topic, možda koristiti programski prevoditelj jezika, jer je to (uglavnom) English forum.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie

Welcome aboard and congrats on the 1KRR,nice find for $4K!
Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders with regards to riding a 1K as your 1st street bike.
Ride safe and enjoy the forums

Old 10-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats with the funny lingo Regen.

Quick Reply: New owner