Old 03-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Noe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you been on a track day ?

Just curious

Old 03-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts
Default RE: Have you been on a track day ?

Not yet, but getting prepared to do so. Just picked up some leathers, already had boots and gloves. Changed coolant for water and water wetter. Thinking about Jennings in N. FL, but haven't figured how to get the bike there and back. Not really an option to ride up, convert for track use, then convert back to street and ride home.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:15 PM

Yes,

Learnt that my suspension was way to soft and the rear shock got way too hot..

But then again with the LBS I could brake very deep into corners.

Depends on the track. The one I used is small with only 7 corners.

Old 03-17-2007, 02:17 AM
dad

I am a coach with Team Pro-Motion. We run the east coast primarily between Virginia and Canada. The tracks include VIR, Pocono, Summit Point, Beaverun, occasionally Loudon, and four Canadian tracks, Mosport, Shannonville, Mt Tremblant, and Calabogie. If anybody gets out to an event, make sure to say hello.

I also have my own Level II ART class with them this year. It's available at all of the US events but not the Canadian ones. Here's a link to their website.

http://www.teampromotion.com/tpm.php

Old 03-18-2007, 04:29 PM

i've never been convinced that I would have that much fun at a track with the pig that I ride. So, I keep to the mountain twisties for my fix.

If I photoshop that yellow line out of my avatar I could pretend that was a track LOL.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:19 PM

never had the chance or the bike.....cb750 custom with saddle bags and fairing was my previous bike

Old 03-19-2007, 08:20 AM

ORIGINAL: dad

I am a coach with Team Pro-Motion. We run the east coast primarily between Virginia and Canada. The tracks include VIR, Pocono, Summit Point, Beaverun, occasionally Loudon, and four Canadian tracks, Mosport, Shannonville, Mt Tremblant, and Calabogie. If anybody gets out to an event, make sure to say hello.

I also have my own Level II ART class with them this year. It's available at all of the US events but not the Canadian ones. Here's a link to their website.

I've taken the CBR1KF to a track day last year. Hi DAD, how ya been.

We are planning to goto at least 3 track days this year. Got the 929 all set up for it. Have fun. Them bikes will let dive deep, and they grip way better than you think they will.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:35 PM
dad

ORIGINAL: Illushun

ORIGINAL: dad

I've taken the CBR1KF to a track day last year. Hi DAD, how ya been.

We are planning to goto at least 3 track days this year. Got the 929 all set up for it. Have fun. Them bikes will let dive deep, and they grip way better than you think they will.
Sorry I missed your post. I've already done three days, two different outings at VIR. It DID feel good to get out again!

Looking forward to seeing you when you get to go. You might look at Beaverun, too. I don't think that would be too bad a trip for you. It's one exit west on the PA Turnpike, from the I-79 and turnpike interchange. Fun track, in good shape, with elevation changes and decent speeds for a relatively small track. See you soon!