CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

the gods are against us !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the gods are against us !!!

Hey Dragon. We ended up getting all rain down here in the Maritimes. Quite a bit though. It melted ALL the snow we had except for a light dusting we had last night. Everyting looks like a big frosted wheat! I heard that places in Ontario had been hit pretty hard. Almost as hard as the Senators have been getting hit in the points ....hehe

Well soon i will be off to Cuba for some rum drinking and sun. Hopefully to return to take the dust ol' bestsy and burn up the roads.

Gongrats to Honda's CBR for taking the Daytona 200 over the weekend!!! CBR's rock! I was hoping to see Niel Hodgeson to win but he blew up with 5 laps to go.....real bummer (must have been a cam chain....hehe)

@R1000....that picture looks like a postcard. Is that real??

Old 03-10-2008, 09:43 AM

This is just not cricket. Here in the UK we are having 80mph winds with the heaviest rain I have seen for ages. Roads etc all flooding.

Thank god for Vauxhall Zafiras!

Old 03-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Flogger - one minute you're moaning about 40+temps, the next about torrential rain.....
s'pose it's true what they say, that an Englishman isn't happy unless he's moaning....he he
(At least your bike doesn't have to have its own "life support system" plugged in all the time (my battery charger) Did 10 miles today on a single charge....woooohooooo!![X(]
Don't even mention cricket, look what happened to your lot against New Zealand he he he
(The Empire strikes back) sorry, Darth....he he

Old 03-10-2008, 10:10 AM

Sorry, I retract the statement about the win at Daytona.....appearently he was disqualified for using an illegal crankshaft.....Guess its a loss for Honda.....

Old 03-10-2008, 11:00 AM

ORIGINAL: GILL.....
@R1000....that picture looks like a postcard. Is that real??
I think it is a real photo, I've been there and this i how the old town looks. It may be a low-resolution picture though, or a scanned picturefroma photo in a magazine.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:58 AM

Hey Shadow, haven't I told you before about drinking in the afternoon? If you look closely you will see it was the other fine chap with a nose for a good paintscheme who was "moaning" about it being 40 degrees! Yes it was Coopz, not me! Surely you don't think it would be 40 degrees in this rain-soaked land do you?

Ha ha mate, lay off the battery fluid for a while eh?

Old 03-10-2008, 12:23 PM

I'll try and lay off the battery fluids, Flogger, but you know when you work with the stuff often enough for long enough, it gets addictive......Sorry for the confusion, must be all the battery juice and "happy tobacco".......Shorry offser, it's me batry thas leakin fumes into me helmit..
Did I get the bit about the England cricket team right.?....I think so......he he
Saw the weather report for your part of the world, and cancelled my immigration plans - besides, you have too much crime, and as my Aussie mate puts it " the coppers over there aren't so crash hot "....!! They spend a lot of their time beating up poor defenceless women driving by watching their GPS's......he ho...all in good fun, Phil mate, you have enough problems, just with football hooligans - who'd you support ? Must be Spurs or the Gunners, being as you're North of the "Big Smoke"

Old 03-10-2008, 01:10 PM

You were right about the cricket but I hoped you would not pick up on that again! [:@]

The family are Spurs fans. In Canada I had to endure a week of Chelsea supporters so I have been "ramming it up them" by e-mail so to speak since their Carling and FA Cup defeats

We are off to Disneyland Paris tomorrow and the bast"£$ weatherman says it's going to be
R A I N IN G there !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 03:01 PM

Weather predictions are 30 foot waves in the channel, and 80MPH winds, not ideal to travel to Disneyworld. Take care, and your wellies

Old 03-10-2008, 03:32 PM

Cheers, we are driving through the tunnel! can't stand those ferry things.