CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Gas Mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like I said, it's just a thought.. Hope it's true.

I know I was kind-of pi$$ed the other day because I bought a new bike and the dealer only put 1gal of gas in it for me. Luckily, one of the service guys came out and told me before i left with it. Bike doesn't have a gauge, and they put it on reserve? WTF.. it's like they wanted me to run out or something.
Also funny you mentioned 24mpg. Yesterday on my 'cane... I filled up, calculated it out, and I had gotten just under 24MPG. Then I remembered that I hit the trip meter halfway through the tank. Which was stupid because I don't even remember what distance I wanted, or how far it was. Not important, I guess... I just remember hitting the button for some reason..

Old 05-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mileage

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Like I said, it's just a thought.. Hope it's true.

I know I was kind-of pi$$ed the other day because I bought a new bike and the dealer only put 1gal of gas in it for me. Luckily, one of the service guys came out and told me before i left with it. Bike doesn't have a gauge, and they put it on reserve? WTF.. it's like they wanted me to run out or something.
Also funny you mentioned 24mpg. Yesterday on my 'cane... I filled up, calculated it out, and I had gotten just under 24MPG. Then I remembered that I hit the trip meter halfway through the tank. Which was stupid because I don't even remember what distance I wanted, or how far it was. Not important, I guess... I just remember hitting the button for some reason..
The gas gauge was pegged full and the Service Manager told me they had filled the tank w/91 octane and dumped some fuel stabilizer in also. The gauge was almost on empty when I filled it and the bike took 3.5 gal. The book says the capacity is 5.6 gal. so the gauge isn`t to accurate.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:41 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my bike the fuel gauge is always pessimistic , mine will read empty after its gone through 3 gallons . I'd rather it was like that though , no chance of running out then , not fun when your in traffic

Old 05-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I could also be that the enrichment is stuck on (choke). I have forgotten to turn mine off and the bike runs just fine on full enrichment, but eats fuel.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:00 PM

We went on a 100 mile cruise the other day, hitting the throttle pretty hard - up to speeds that when i think about, i just wanna change my pants - however, over the whole 100 miles, my 'cane used up 2.1 gallons of 91 oct fuel.
Not shabby if you ask me, ...
F.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:28 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You weren't going fast enough !!!!
he he he

Old 05-27-2009, 07:29 AM

We actually were pushing the envelope when comparing to my usual riding style. Had 2 racers in the group who set the pace for the most part.
When i got my cane to 135 mph, i was ready to consider a change of underwear, knowing she's still got plenty left before red lining in 6th

Supposedly, the 1KF has up to 178 mph she can put on the pavement...i have no intention of finding out or validating that, though.

F.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nor am I suggesting you should..........
However, a while ago on a road we had just checked, 4 lane freeway, my friend and I had the two bikes (CBR1000F and BMW1200RS) at a steady 265KPH which is 165.62 MPH on the flat for around 3 minutes or so - not long, but you cover over 13.35K's or 8 miles.
So yes, they have a lot of go for your buck !!

Quick Reply: Gas Mileage?