CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Exhaust and Windscreen

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust and Windscreen

Ive seen a picture on here of waz57's bike and seen he had a double bubble windscreen. His bike is an earlier model than mine but id have to think whoever made it, would make one for a 1994 aswell. Any idea on what company does this and if they have a website?

Other topic is exhaust. I dont have the money to do it right now but plan to replace the stock exhaust. I just want something a bit more deep and throaty than the stock exhaust. At the moment im thinking about going with the Two Brothers dual slip on exhaust. I like the way Two Brothers sounds on other bikes. Anyone else change the exhaust on ayear simular to mine? If so whatd ya go with and hows it sound?

Old 01-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust and Windscreen

Try Puig screens, MRA screens, War Eagle screens, or just google Honda CBR1000F windscreen
on the net. e-Bay UK sometimes has screens, as does e-Bay Germany. Don't know about double bubble, but touring screens definitely See attached - my bike with black touring screen.My pipes were custom made here in SA all stainless, 2 inch collectors and balance tube, no room for main stand. Plenty of growl........!!

Old 01-09-2008, 01:43 AM

If you decided that you want a slip-on and want it cheap, build it yourself. Then you can have whatever look and sound you like.
Here is a picture of my home made slip on which cost me about 80$ to make and a couple of hours in the garage.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:48 AM

Hurricane.. I have to say that looks a lot more like an undertail kit that a mere slipon.
Since that is an 87 that would have taken quite a bit of fabrication.
Do you have any issues with the seat getting hot ?

Old 01-09-2008, 04:27 AM

Yes it is an undertail, but it is a homemade slipon kit. Stock headers and collector. Just plugged the second hole.
My point is that you donĀ“t have to buy an expensive branded aftermarket exhaust to get what you want.
I just bought some 2" car exhaustpipes/partsand welded together. Not much work. I also had to raise the rear suspension to get clearance (and gained steering response).
Initially during tryoutit melted the plastic under the seat, but now I have some exhaust bandage and aluminium foil glued under the seat and it works great.I have had it for 2 full seasons and no problems.
Sounds good and boosted the mid range quite a bit.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I installed a GiVi shield and simpley love it. I don't know if it is still available. There was much discussion of exhaust in the forum. If you go with a system that is to open, you will need to rejet. TB slip-on installs in about 1/2 hour. There is no rejetting and it is not too loud. I think a duel setup would be to open. The one I have is only on sided and they supply the plug for the other side.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8473/1BC3E9392BC14AC08422A54E324E64DD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-09-2008, 04:50 PM

Corrupt,

I don't know about slip-on, but my bike has a full stainless Two Brother with Aluminum cannister. Same bike as yours, year, colors, etc. There's a picture of it a few posts back in, "Pain in the Rear"

The exhaust note is very aggressive.

FarAway

Old 01-10-2008, 08:48 AM

I can recommend the vario-touring screen. Took a bit of getting used to looks wise but works very well. I tried going back to the original screen but that looks odd now....

Old 01-10-2008, 10:10 AM

Hey Flogger, is the spoiler and bracketson the top edge ofyourVario windscreen easily removable, orare theya permanent part of the screen? Thanks.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:07 PM

Hi Roger

They are screwed together but the spoiler folds down and tilts in many different positions... and folds down completely if you don't want the spoiler bit up. I have had it for about 8 months and to be honest, after much fiddling about with it, I just leave it up all the time; I have got used to the looks and it is very effective. Great to tuck behind for those Cop-free moments!

It is very well made and the holes lined up perfectly.

Hidden by my hands are a set of (short) Pazzo levers which I put on earlier this year. These are superb and allow one finger braking and clutch operation (one finger for each you understand!). I can highly recommend these.

Regards
Phil

Quick Reply: Exhaust and Windscreen