Old 03-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Main bearings

BTW ....... don't mention the word BOAT (Bank On Another Thousand) I have 4

Old 03-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's about right, I had been told; Bring Out Another Thousand whenever I paid a bill for it

Old 03-13-2011, 03:40 AM
Welcome Crew

The company I worked for in Isa paid for everything for he first 9 months I was there except grog, all accommadation,food,dry cleaning(even got my socks & jocks dry cleaned!) and being in the mining industry they paid well too. Problem was the accom. it was anywhere I wanted so it was usually a pub so after 9 months of free living I actually had less in the bank than when I started, doh. Well at least I put on 25kg for my effort,it has taken a lot longer to loose than it did to gain.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:51 AM
Welcome Crew

I went to the honda dealer today and the parts guy got their main mechanic to help him give me a quote for;
Rebore Piston & rings
Valve stem seals
cam chain & tensioner
All seals
Main bearings,
Their mechanic said "we dont really want to do it" and they went on to come up with a sum of $3600 plus the price of the rebore around $300 plus oil and filter so around $4000, The mechanic said it would be around 18-20 hrs labour, they still would not give me a firm price or anything in writing! So I have crossed them off my list and am trying the other bike shop across the road and hope for a better response, their main man was not there this arvo so hopefully I will hear something back tomorrow.
Maybe I should look at buying that late model red one in victoria I saw someone point out on another thread for near $7000 and only had 20 odd thousand klm's on it and keep this one for spares, I doubt the minister for financial affairs would approve though!

Old 03-16-2011, 06:16 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the shop/mechanic is less than enthusiastic about the job I'd walk away as well!

You need someone who wants to do the work, otherwise they'll just do a half=assed job

Old 03-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hawkwind
If the shop/mechanic is less than enthusiastic about the job I'd walk away as well!

You need someone who wants to do the work, otherwise they'll just do a half=assed job

100% Hawk! What's bloody wrong with them anyway?? "We don't really want to do it." The ******* would probably rather be just changing the oil and filters on new bikes.

Ring around a bit further away until you find somebody enthusiastic, otherwise you might as well have a crack yourself mate...unless you can swing that nice red one, that is.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:18 AM
Welcome Crew

I am waitng to hear back from another dealer, but it sounds like I have got a bit of thinking to do. If I had the space to do it I probably give it a go but I don't. I have changed pistons & rings on dirt bikes as a teenager but that was a while back and things look a whole lot more complicated under the fairing than anything I ever worked on.

Quick Reply: Engine rebuild