CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Clunky Gearchange....

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Clunky Gearchange....

Hi guys,
What a week.
The weather here has been fantastic so I have made tho most of it and been out "riding many a mile".

Dad: what a great piece of advice on the throttle adjustment. I manged to get three whole turns on the adjuster before it took the slop out of the throttle and it has made the whole riding experience better. Definitely helped.

I know this is going to sound silly but I think an awful lot of this gear change problem is in my head. I am now trying so hard to make a smooth change that I do it all in slow motion and think too much, It is driving me mad.

Yesterday, Went for a totally mental 10 mile thrash. All up around the 9 to 10K rev mark as an average and occasionally a bit more. just concentrated on riding as fast as I could. I was thinking so hard about enjoying myself and riding hard that once I'd finished I realised that every change (nearly) was faultless and smooth. Is it all in my head.?........

This is that Zen and the art.......etc. thing I think.

One other thing that I have noticed.
FOOTWEAR,. When I am riding after or during work I have a great big pair of Steel toe capped boots on and I can't feel a juggernaut driving over them let alone a subtle gear change. When I have my Frank Thomas's on I can a fell a feather fall on my toes. ( almost)

I think this has a lot ot do with it.

Thanks to all for your input and especially DAD for that great tip. There should be a little spot on this site for gems like that. No matter what your problem or even if you don't have one you should adjust your throttles. What a difference.

Any of you guys/gals ever passing this way. Please drop in. I don't see so many fellow bikers these days.

Cheers

Hank.

PS. I will be changing my gearchange linkage very shortly.