CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

A change of season, a change of color...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope you are happy with the fairings Mike

Here's the before and after video of my bike:

Streetfighter B&A

And here's a video of how my bike is at this moment:

Streetfighter now

Old 12-06-2009, 09:56 PM
RIP "The Baron of Bronson"

Looks like you had do a lot of work. What is the headlight from?

Parts are coming together nicely (as I'm sure you can see in the pics )

My black / silver tank goes to the painter on Tuesday. I'm going back to the factory paint scheme, with a little unique twist to it.

Hope its ok to do a little plug, this guy is amazing. Kinda wish he did less Harley work, but he is very Honda friendly. Kinda funny, he actually rides a Shadow and paints Harleys (not to mention cars, trucks, dune cars, ect). Eh do what you gotta do to put food on the table. At least now he'll have a decent pic of a real bike to put up on his site. Check him out... www.hotairbrush.com

Old 12-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Post up the pics as soon as you get them.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Default My Bike finished

My bike is finished finally

Here some pics:

Now mike let me see some pics of yours

Old 12-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Uh, ya, wow ... it sorta looks like a fly. Just add some fly wings, eh?

Old 12-13-2009, 07:44 PM

I gotta say that came out pretty slick. I had my doubts with these gals usually not making good streetfighters, but man. Nice work.

I got hung up with the painter with my tank. I meet with him in the morning. I'm kinda stuck untill I get this part all done.

Pics soon.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:50 PM

Well I met with the painter who is converting the tank back to the old colors to match the new fairings. This is gonna come out pretty fecking cool I think

After talking with the wife, she actually beat me to it and said "lets do a pin up girl like on the B-52 bombers" and this guy does some real nice ones. From totally trashy gals to very classy.

He was thinking because it was a Hurricane he suggested a "Tropical Pin Up".

I was a little skeptical but I went along for kicks. This is what he came up with. My jaw hit the floor. It came out perfect. After she is painted on the misses, he is going to free hand "Hurricane Becky". Kinda like how the name hurricanes (ie Katrina, Andrew, ect), Becky is my wife's name. She is a 100% irish red head gal with the temper of a hurricane so it fits lol.

VOTE FOR SPROCK!!!

Attached Thumbnails A change of season, a change of color...-hurricanebecky1.jpg   A change of season, a change of color...-hurricanebecky2.jpg  
Old 12-14-2009, 03:28 PM

Entire job = prep (sanding ect), paint x 3 colors, clear coat, CBR & Honda logos painted back on (no decals), rear grab bar prepped and painted , and pin up out the door $350 USD.

Its a bit pricey but sometimes its worth it. He does great work, I don't have to do ANYTHING, and its done professionally. Not to mention the paint and supplies would have been well over $150, plus the time and NOT having a "clean" area to paint in, and biggest of all I don't have a paint gun. All in all it would only have been slightly cheaper to do myself, but then I run the risk of screwing it up and also have no warranty on the paint and labor. Not to mention I wouldn't get the pin up gal either.

I could probably get away doing it myself, but this is something that is real easy to screw up. I'm pretty good about admiting when its best for someone to do something for me and I think this is the time.

I figure I made up for it by doing the Reg / Rec and CCT myself

Quick Reply: A change of season, a change of color...