CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

A change of season, a change of color...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Speaking of this, I've tried this & I can't get it to work.

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
It looks to be coming together nicely, Mike!!
(BTW, I like your dirtbike too.... always Ride Red....)

As far as putting your banner in your sig.....
1) Click on "User CP" in the options up top on the far left.
2) Under "settings and options" on the left menu, choose "edit signature"
3) Under the "signature picture" area, you can add the destination of where your banner pic currently resides (either a URL or on your computer)
4) Then just hit "upload" after you copy and paste in the destination address in the appropriate box.

Then you can load it up/preview it/play around with it, etc. and see if it came out right

Old 12-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!
Worth the heartache, huh ?
Spare panels, yum yum !

There's a guy selling some bits for a 93 in the spares section too.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:23 PM
RIP "The Baron of Bronson"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Az1kF
Hey Mike, that's going to be a sharp dressed CBR when you're done.
Thank ya kindly . I can't wait. Probably gonna be a few weeks yet before its ALL done. I need to find a GOOD and CHEAP (or at least reasonable) painter you know anyone in the Valley? We'll have to meet up for a good ole ride when she's road ready again!

Originally Posted by Sprock
Very Good Mike .........the fly finally came through ........good deal......for you .........wonder what he did to/with
the actual bike.
I thought I heard he was making; dare I say it... a streetfighter out of her? I guess it all fits together now (if you get what I'm getting at.... ) What a waste in my opinion. But then again my gain!

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
It looks to be coming together nicely, Mike!!
(BTW, I like your dirtbike too.... always Ride Red....)
FINALLY Sir Trout. I was waiting for someone to say something.... they park side by side and my other mistress manages to eek her way in, you are the 1st to mention it though lol... thanks she's a blast too. I'll play with the banner later when I get a bit. Sounds like others have had trouble too. Or maybe the sun has finally fried our brains

Last edited by CBRclassic; 12-13-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:51 AM

Speaking of this, I've tried this & I can't get it to work.
Gee guys, if I did it, ANYONE can do it. I just farted around and did it myself with no instructions at all, and I'm no computer maven for sure.

But all I used was a crop from a picture I took. Not too fancy. Can't do that Photoshop stuff at all.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:58 AM

I've played with it plenty & keep getting the same results. After I did the upload, copy & paste it only saves the link in the preview. Then I went to test it & the link to my picture was in the sig.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:04 AM

I don't know of any paint shops from personal experience but I do know a guy who does some amazing paint work on my car forum. If you want his info I can get it for you, let me know. Do you ever get to the Pavilions in Scottsdale on Saturday night or West Gate in Glendale when all the bikes gather?

Originally Posted by michealparks
Thank ya kindly . I can't wait. Probably gonna be a few weeks yet before its ALL done. I need to find a GOOD and CHEAP (or at least reasonable) painter you know anyone in the Valley? We'll have to meet up for a good ole ride when she's road ready again!

Old 12-03-2009, 04:38 PM

I don't know of any paint shops from personal experience but I do know a guy who does some amazing paint work on my car forum. If you want his info I can get it for you, let me know. Do you ever get to the Pavilions in Scottsdale on
Saturday night or West Gate in Glendale when all the bikes gather?
I'd be interested to get his info. Real simple job almost contimplated doing it on my own, but think this is one I'm gonna let the pros do.

I just got my gal about 2 1/2 yrs ago (after having an EX500 in high school) so I haven't done much socializing yet. I use to go to the Pavillions YEARS ago, but after I left Scottsdale in 97 I try my hardest to not go back unless I'm paying a visit to my Mum. Thought about Westgate because its much closer, but my kid just about got his head blown off by a drunk A-hole leaving one of the Cardinals games. So now I'm starting to avoid that area now. I carry a .45 and that guy would have been a dead man.

Sooooo no, I do need to get out and socialize with others out in our area though. Its kinda funny I've some how synced my schedule going into work with a guy who has a GSXR, we have a little fun on Carefree Hwy when we bump into each other

I had the same problem you did too. When I put in the link all that would come up was the link....... Main reason why I did my banner the way I am.

Last edited by CBRclassic; 12-13-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:13 PM

Hey Mike, I posted up on my car forum for the paint guys & I have 1 so far for you who does cars & bikes (custom jobs). Like I said I do not have any personal experience with them but others on the forum have used them & are extremely happy with their work. I will PM you the info as I get it. I went to West Gate 1 time earlier this summer to meet up with some local guys but the place was filled with about 300 bikes so none of us found each other. The group that was meeting up was not orginized well. But it was cool just walking around & checking out the custom work on some rides. Scottsdale Pavilions I have gone to a few times, it's OK, about 100 to 150 bikes usually on Saturdays. There's a couple guys there that flock to my bike every time I show up & keep asking me to sell them my bike for their collections. I don't socialize much at all I just enjoy checking out the scene.

Old 12-05-2009, 03:24 PM

Hey "J" got in touch with "Bruce". Good dude. I really like him. I really like his work! With how simple my job is we may even do a custom "CBR" & "HONDA" on the tank vs buying factory decals. I actually even got the wife talked into a Betty Paige Pin Up maybe? Wife was actually very on board with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He spoke very highly of you too! Loved and was jealous of the car?!?!?!?!?

Last edited by CBRclassic; 12-13-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:26 PM

Mike, glad I could help. Can't wait to see the final outcome. Keep me informed.

Quick Reply: A change of season, a change of color...