CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

CBRF Decals

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it's ok for me to collect the money and send out the decals as long as the person buying them has to dig through the thread to find the details, but if they can click a link to do the same thing that's not ok?

Why is that?

Old 03-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry if there's been some confusion with the sticker distribution plan. Steve has notified me of everything that has transpired and I feel that I should throw in an explanation on behalf of CBRF.

First off, the sticker idea is a great one and this go round is about the 3rd incarnation of the idea. We have absolutely no problems with the gang getting together and spreading the joy but the conditions are simple: the task is a labor of love. We don't expect anyone to go in the hole for this type of project but these ventures are not to be a profit driven vehicle for those doing the distribution.

The last I was told the operation would be one person receiving paypal payments and sending out the stickers at cost. Our site has sponsors and some of them may sell items that are similar to some of our members online stores. So you can understand why the stickers can not be processed through an individual members online store. I would not even approve that for one of my esteemed moderators so you can see that it's nothing personal.

And if you're not already bored to tears let me conclude with this. CBRF is probably the least in your face sponsored site you'll run across. Very few things popping at you when you scroll around and most of the ads are tasteful and off to the sides. I think this is a good thing and to that end I strictly enforce our rules regarding ads. If you ran a shoe business on the net and sponsored CBRF I think you'd be a little ticked if the admins let anyone with a shoe business promote their website. Whether it be an outright "come see my bidness at shoe.com" or just a small link in a signature. SO, if you have a link to a personal business in your siggy then you might think about removing it.

In the end my goal is to keep CBRF a top notch motorcycle forum where anyone can take part without fear of being flamed or bombarded by spam, **** or other internet craziness.

gregg / chainstretcher

Old 03-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Thumbs down

Wow! I'm really done!

I just discovered it is not possible to delete my own account. So good luck fellas! Ride hard and stay safe.

Last edited by cbr1000f94; 03-11-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cbr1000f94
Wow! I'm really done!

I just discovered it is not possible to delete my own account. So good luck fellas! Ride hard and stay safe.

What's this all about ?

And I understand the problem that our esteemed Admin faces - he's the one who has to face the sponsors, so while the "store" would be easier for us, in terms of payments etc, it could create a dilemma.

Having said that, these stickers are specific to the 1000F - and the shop doesn't appear to be anything but a way to do things easily. It's not a retail outlet (unless I'm missing something here). :shrug:

Old 03-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can certainly understand where Gregg is coming from, too.
It's not a case of singling anyone out to pick on them. This isn't some new rule he just cooked up for the heck of it, and it's been covered before.

Having said that, these stickers are specific to the 1000F - and the shop doesn't appear to be anything but a way to do things easily. It's not a retail outlet (unless I'm missing something here).
Though unique and specific to the 1000F, I think the issue is that it's still linked into a "business" affiliation. Same with the links in sig lines. (although I may be wrong)

I hate to see anyone get ticked off or jump ship as a result of this, though. That just sucks.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:59 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Without wishing in any way to "stir the pot" on this one......................
other than the pic in the sticker, what happened to the "1000F"
in the logo ?

Old 03-12-2010, 05:47 AM

Questions fellows
, if there were profits we were supposed to give them to a charity... sponsors can't say anything about that, so in the end there is no profit to be made , jsut a donation to a charity... no?

Old 03-12-2010, 06:22 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DragonCBR
Questions fellows
, if there were profits we were supposed to give them to a charity... sponsors can't say anything about that, so in the end there is no profit to be made , jsut a donation to a charity... no?

5. Selling or solicitation of ANYTHING in the general forum, by Private Message or in Chat is considered Spam and is not allowed. Anyone found posting excessive links to their websites, or suspected of "sneaky" advertising will be warned and will possibly lose their posting privileges. Please post your private party ads in the CBR Forum Classifieds forum sections. If you are a business and have a product or service that would be of interest to our members, visit our Advertising/Sponsorship page to learn how you can join our team and help support our community. We offer a variety of low-cost packages that can be of great benefit to your company.
Sorry if peeps don't read the rules before agreeing to abide by them but that's life in the big city I spose.

Quick Reply: CBRF Decals