CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

carb sync 93 model

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb sync 93 model

I need to sync my carbs i think. One or more of the carbs is spitting when the engine is cold.
I did see(or thought I saw) a write up on how to sync the carbs, but i did a search and couldnt find it. I am not a mechanic, but somewhat mechanically inclined. Is this something I can do? What is the best sync tool (guage?)to purchase and from where? Can someone point me to the write up on how to do it if there is one?

Thank you for all the help!! I absolutely love my Hurricane!

I will hopefully resolve the brake issue this weekend after I pick up a bleeder tool.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: carb sync 93 model

Hello Bickleboc, Naga Thai is the man (the others names I cant remember) he has done a really good step by step carb balancing thread, have a look for that. If not hang around and the grown ups will be here soon

Old 10-30-2008, 02:51 PM

I was just looking at that write up 2 days ago and it'swery well done. You will have to get a set of gauges but other that that, it's nothing more than a few hand tools and your time.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:34 PM

You can balance them one at a time if you cannot get a 4 gauge set .. It just depends on what gauges you can get mate
I beg to differ. There is no way to get them correct doing them one at a time. Adjusting one will effect the other three. Spend the money on a good sync tool, and you will never be dissapointed. I recommend the Morgan Carb Tune.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Ronnie - I did the latest on this ... see my post here... https://cbrforum.com/m_671114/tm.htm..

I am same as you ..
I am not a mechanic, but somewhat mechanically inclined. Is this something I can do?
YOU CAN DO IT!

NOTE: You have 1993 model so note
1. the differences on location of the vacuum pick up points and
2. the reference carb on the 1993 is #3. (earler models it was carb #2).This carb is not adjusted.

(StrayCat's write up is best detail on this for post 1993. .. http://www.thestraycat.net/CBR_Farkles.htm#Carb%20Sync)- all else is same.

As you will see from my writeup you will note the benefits and thebest tool to use.... - in my opinion. READ THE MANUAL - PAGE 3-8 .... but note - YOU DONT HAVE TO REMOVE THE TANK OR USE A FUEL TANK VACUUM PUMP - see my wrie up pictures.

Hope you like the write up - let us all know how you go - what you do and your results - for the benefit of all.

AND as STAYCAT post above ...
There is no way to get them correct doing them one at a time. Adjusting one will effect the other three. Spend the money on a good sync tool, and you will never be dissapointed. I recommend the Morgan Carb Tune.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Steve / CBRclasic,

I am not a mechanic, but somewhat mechanically inclined. I do seek authoritative advice and then share my experiences.

In this matter I note;

1. HONDA WORKSHOP MANUAL for this specific bike- http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~cbr...ice_Manual.pdf
shows 4 vacuum tubes attached simultaneously. Page 3-9.

2. Honda Common Service Manual - 1988. Page 2-16. Shows Vacuum Gauge with 4 connectors.

3. CBR1000F & 600F WORKSHOP MANUAL - HAYNES. Page 1-14. "A set of vacuum gauges is essential for synchronizing the carburettors"

Steve - I only have the above authoritative references.I do not have the manual you refer to and so will/can not give further comment on things I don't know about.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:21 PM

I haven't synced the cabs myself on this bike but have done other 4 cylinder bikes.
Aparantly, you can sync a 4 cylinder bike with one gauge, but it's a joke of a job.

If you are going to do the cabies yourself, get a 4 guage system.
Sometimes you can get away with the wrong tools for the job, this is not one of them.

I don't think what guage system you buy is a biggie, but you should test the guages to make sure they read the same.
Those Morgan systems seam to be popular.

Quick Reply: carb sync 93 model