CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Blackbird or 1000F - Sport Touring

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post over there

Trout, second from the left in the medicine cabinet......yep those ones !
take two........

Okay I'd say if the right one was available at the right price I'd go for it
due to the bigger power and all the other chit about brakes and parts
and stuff as Pete mentioned but not necessarily as an out and out
replacement for my pride and joy more as an accessory after the fact.

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
I'm gonna answer this question with a quote from the movie "Raging Bull"

Trout: How could you ask me a question like that? How could you ask me? I'm your brother. You ask me that? Where do you get your ***** big enough to ask me that? And on the main page of the 'Cane board?
leanit: Just tell me.
Trout: I'm not answerin' ya. I'm not gonna answer that. It's stupid.
leanit: You're very smart Sir Trout. You give me all these answers, but you ain't givin' me the right answer. I'm askin' ya again....1000F or the Blackbird?
Trout
: I'm not gonna answer. That's a sick question, you're a sick ****, and I'm not that sick that I'm gonna answer it. I'm not tellin' ya anything. I'm going to leave. If Lenore calls, tell her I went home. I'm not stayin' in this nuthouse with ya. You're a sick bastard. I feel sorry for you, I really do. You know what you should do - try a little more screwin' and a little less thinkin'. You won't have troubles upstairs in your bedroom and you won't take it out on me and everybody else. Do you understand, you fricken' wacko? You're crackin' up! Fricken' screwball, ya.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would only consider the 'bird over the 1000F for the improved brakes (CBS-ABS), fuel injection (later models) and better suspension... other than that, I don't care about more power since the 1000F already has more power than most of us can handle

Old 08-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Default Bowling ***** I'd say

Originally Posted by Shadow
I knew it was a tough question but I thought you guys had the nads to answer.

OK here it is from my position............

What would my next bike be if I had a choice..................from Honda.............
BLACKBIRD....why ?
Easier to get parts, better range of accessories, bigger more powerful engine.
Better brakes, suspension, better all round machine, BUT

Will I be buying one soon.?

Not unless I can find one with less than 10,000 miles at a bargain price.

The Cane does all I want a bike to do, and it'd be a helluva decision if the time ever came.

***** ENOUGH FORYA ?

Maybe I'll just chuck it all in and buy a Hayabusa............................
(how's that for *****) on a Honda forum !
Oh yeah...now that's what I'm talking about. Cannon ***** to you mate!!!

Old 08-09-2009, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by leanit
All right gang, here's a tough one!
On my VFR site, one of the members asked the $1,000,000 question. If you were to decide to build a sport tourer, would you go with the BBird or the Cane? You know how I feel but that is because I bought the F model without even considering the Bird. I told him to check out this site for more detailed inputs. I see he hasn 't joined and asked that question so I'll do it for him.
I quoted the better mpg, wind protection, roomier ergos and the best damn stock seat ever put on a Honda. Now tell him what you think and I will relay. Thanks, JD
why don't you get your mate to take a test ride on both bikes then he can see and feel it for himself cos every one here that has a 1000f will say the same thing there a fab bike. i don't know what you think of your's but as for me the CBR1000F best money i ever spent

Old 08-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Default Test rides?

Originally Posted by nutter
why don't you get your mate to take a test ride on both bikes then he can see and feel it for himself cos every one here that has a 1000f will say the same thing there a fab bike. i don't know what you think of your's but as for me the CBR1000F best money i ever spent
Yeah Nutter I agree with your statement but of all the bikes I have ever owned, I have never allowed test rides when selling them. I think of only two days that a 'buyer' walked when I refused a test ride. One would not even show me his I.D. Dealers are more willing to allow test rides, private owners not so much. I love my 'Cane and often remind myself not to get on it when there are two other bikes that I can put mileage on to keep hers low. The only reason I put this thread up was to get input from some blokes who are experienced in or know of both models to help another rider. Thanks for your input, JD

Old 08-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Default Just a little picking

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Wow ...this is getting intense ...
Chill pills for "everyone" .. LOL
.... ***** removal is second door on the right ....
I had mine removed by my misses ages ago ...it don't hurt that much ...

Yep, we need to take it down several notches. I took no offense to any words written. I saw it as jest only. I really had wished there was an exchange of strong and weak points of each model. For one thing, the low "buy in" to own a F vs. the Bird. This would allow for more touring mods to be done on the F and still come in under the Bird's asking price.
There probably are just as many reasons to own a Bird but I wanted input from you guys so a future owner would not have only my one-sided input.
Thanks to all, JD

Old 08-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Om sure no one is trying to wind you up or cause chit ..
Beyond all the banter and joking around " We come in peace and mean you no harm mate "
Steve is 100% correct.
Just joking around. We're all 'Cane brothers here...
I would have said so earlier, but I was off at an amusement park all day yesterday..
I just thought it was funny to ask a bunch of 1kF riders if they thought a 'Bird was better, and why.

I've never ridden a backbird, but have seen several up close. Everyone I talk to likes them, but the same can be said about the 1kF.
If I could give you a good run-down of the strong and weak points of each model, I definately would. I looked at a couple 'Birds around the time I got my 'Cane, and like you said, the buy-in was VERY different for what I thought were minor differences. I had ridden the 1kF already and really liked it, so paying twice the money for the 'Bird didn't make sense to me.
From what I've read about the blackbird even now, I don't really see a big enough difference in the two bikes to justify the bigger price tag. Dean0 got a pretty dam decent deal on his, though, so if something like that had come up for me, I may well have bought one.
Considering I paid $2700US for my 1995 1kf with 16k miles, and the cheapest blackbird I could find was around $5,000US, I went with the 1kF.
I don't regret my decision one bit.

BTW, leanit, I have one large ball, thank you very much. The other suffered the same demise as steve's. The wife took it. I'm protecting #2 with my life, though....

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 08-10-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Default Right On!

[quote=kilgoretrout;821498]Steve is 100% correct.
Just joking around. We're all 'Cane brothers here...
I would have said so earlier, but I was off at an amusement park all day yesterday..
I just thought it was funny to ask a bunch of 1kF riders if they thought a 'Bird was better, and why.

Right on Trout,
I guess it is a similiar situation we have on the VFR site I'm a member of. If a newbie asked which generation of the VFR is best, 20-30 responses within a few hours would spark all kind of debates. Shortly after I bought my VFR, a newbie asked about buying a new 2008 VFR and I felt obligated to tell him the truth. I explained I was a little disappointed with the VFR's performance out of the crate. For the money, I recommended him to buy a used FJR, ST1300 or Kawasaki Concours.
My God, you would have thought that I was the guy in the shadows on the grassy knoll back in '63. The blasting I took was not in good jest but in out-right anger. The VFR is a great bike and would make a great tourer for two midgets but at 6'2" and 220 - 230 lbs, me and the mrs just can't feel comfortable. It is heavy, underpowered and will reach 225 degrees in seconds of city traffic. But....BIG WORD, do I like it? Hell yeah! It handles great, you don't see twenty of them on a bike night and it has a sound that is so damn different.
So I guess not all people are cable of being objective. That's cool and most of what was written was funnier that watching a rabbit lick his ****! Later, JD

Quick Reply: Blackbird or 1000F - Sport Touring