CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   Being aware (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/being-aware-62228/)

Shadow 03-16-2008 04:28 AM

RE: Being aware

Flickers are the orange indicators for left and right turning - you know, the ones you never use....he he.:D (it's the snow, I know..):eek:

[IMG]local://upfiles/22903/410258F697EE4CD681372436E396C18E.jpg[/IMG]

weekendrider 03-16-2008 06:56 AM

you would find that a lot of race guys don't ride the road.

Shadow 03-16-2008 11:33 AM

Firstly, Gill isn't a race guy, but if he was I'm sure he'd stick his boot out.......(Hi Gill)
Second, I wouldn't blame the race guys at all. I think the road's a lot more dangerous than the track:
* All going in the same direction
* plenty runoffs, no Armco barriers
* No drunks
* No Twatnav operators
* no cops (Hi Flogger)
* No speed limits
* Immediate medical assistance
* No cellphones or unruly kids
* No cars
* Far fewer idiots
* Full protective gear mandatory
* No learners or doddery old farts.
Mick Doohan and other world class racers don't even own road bikes.
They (the racers) all think we're nuts.......probably right too:eek::D:D

DragonCBR 03-16-2008 12:52 PM

Yup shadow. that and the basic respect of the others on the road, if someone wants to put his life in danger, that is his life, but the life of others no...

Flogger 03-16-2008 01:47 PM

You are bang on the money as usual Shadow. What slows me down more than anything is not knowing what lays around that next corner.. the car pulling out, the slow moving tractor, or especially here in England, a flipping great big hole in the road! I can only ever commit 8/10 into any corner; I have never been on a track but can't see me having the same problems there.....

MarkR 03-16-2008 04:06 PM

* And No Camry's

Rohan 03-16-2008 06:00 PM

I've become very adept at recognising camry drivers wearing a hat!
Awareness is defintely the key, it's all about trying to control your environment. I always find if I travel slightly faster than the traffic, about 5-10kph, then I can control my environment. I can focus more on what's in front of me than what's behind, and the most dangerous, what's beside me.
If I'm travelling at the same speed or slower than the traffic, it scares the s**t out of me.

MarkR 03-17-2008 12:37 AM

I like to travel a bit faster and rather use power to reposition myself in the traffic than brake.
I try to travel between cars in the other lane (staggered).
Scan my mirrors all the time, track vehicles, space myself, suss out potential situation and responses, and keep away from vehicles that look like they could be a threat i.e. Vehicles that sit badly in a lane, move around in the lane to much, old drivers, hat drives, volvo’s and mercedes with cushion in the back, --- camry’s and so on.

Shadow 03-31-2008 04:31 AM

600rr's posted a thread called "safety information" in the new member section - Much to read, much to learn there. Worth reading

CosmoBob 04-01-2008 02:49 AM

You're right in spot, Shadow.
I believe I got the link to Ride2die.com on this forum? For me, that website's photographic presentations of the graphic gory details an accident can result in, gives me plenty of good reasons to be more careful "out there". I don't think Reason alone will affect everyone to be more careful - some simple souls, like myself, has to see with their own eyes what might ensue if one is not being aware.

Edit: Personally, I've got no bad experiences from Toyota Camrys. In fact I used to own one of these V6 myself and it served me pretty well.... :D