CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Any Iron Butts on here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Are you planning on going alone? That wouldn't be smart.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by montana.matt
That's ^^ the only thing that worries me. Most of the routes I've pondered can get pretty desolate... Heck, all of Montana is desolate. The only good thing is cellular coverage is pretty good and I'd be carrying my SPOT with me that I bought when we go on ATV rides in the wilderness.

Matt and Timbuctwo there is also a program for Android phones called CRADAR.

CRADAR

CRADAR uses the phone's accelerometer to sense a fall, waits 30-120 seconds (whatever you set it for), and if it doesn't see you move at least 8 feet, sends a text message to one of your contacts telling them you might be hurt. This gives your contact a chance to call you to see if you're ok.

I have it on my Samsung SII Galaxy.

Cheers, SB

Old 09-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. There will be plenty of pics and video footage taken that I will upload along the way each night where time permits.....cant forget the beer...... I'm taking my small notebook computer tethered to my phone for coverage. I better go and finish packing and fuel the bike up. I'm gonna drop some injector cleaner in the birdie to smarten her up a bit. Its never had any in it so I should see a difference.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Senior Member & can cook minute rice in 58sec

She's actually the one that encouraged me to get my motorcycle..... So, like I told her, it's her fault
is she is having an affair? lol

we all want to know what a wonderful and thoughtful wife looks like, so post a pic.

i'm 45 and have never even heard of such a girl.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Senior Member and Montana roustabout :)

Originally Posted by 74demon
Are you planning on going alone? That wouldn't be smart.
No, I've got at least one friend that could probably do the ride with me...

Old 09-11-2012, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear

CRADAR

CRADAR uses the phone's accelerometer to sense a fall, waits 30-120 seconds (whatever you set it for), and if it doesn't see you move at least 8 feet, sends a text message to one of your contacts telling them you might be hurt. This gives your contact a chance to call you to see if you're ok.

Cheers, SB
Too bad it's not available for my iPhone.... Looks like a pretty cool app though.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 PM

Too bad it's not available for my iPhone.... Looks like a pretty cool app though.
I just found this quote on another forum:
"Hello, I am the developer of CRADAR. I am always happy to find discussion of our apps, and I would like to take this opportunity to answer some of your questions and address your concerns about CRADAR.

First, regarding an iPhone version, Apple's app guidelines specifically prohibit apps designed for emergency use, and even if they didn't, CRADAR would not be able to monitor in the background, and would therefore be very inconvenient.

Second, regarding sliding after a fall or impact, it is possible that this would cancel an alert. While it is unlikely, because an injured rider will probably stop sliding before the GPS gets a sufficiently accurate fix to disable the alert, we will include an option to disable the movement-cancelling behavior in the next version of CRADAR.

I would like to thank you all for your interest in our app. Feel free to email me at bkalb@actionxl.com if you have any further questions.

Ben Kalb
ActionXL"

Old 09-11-2012, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by KenG

we all want to know what a wonderful and thoughtful wife looks like, so post a pic.

Nah, she's not having affair The original reason for buying my motorcycle was to save some $$$ when I have to commute from home to my job.... 600 miles away.
She's one of a kind and a keeper! They are rare, but they're out there if you look (I'm talking about my wife, not the bike lol)

Old 09-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear

CRADAR

Cheers, SB
That is a great Idea! I love that APP!

Originally Posted by KenG

Where's my BS flag? There is no such Woman!

I just found this quote on another forum:
"Hello, I am the developer of CRADAR. I am always happy to find discussion of our apps, and I would like to take this opportunity to answer some of your questions and address your concerns about CRADAR.

First, regarding an iPhone version, Apple's app guidelines specifically prohibit apps designed for emergency use, and even if they didn't, CRADAR would not be able to monitor in the background, and would therefore be very inconvenient.

Second, regarding sliding after a fall or impact, it is possible that this would cancel an alert. While it is unlikely, because an injured rider will probably stop sliding before the GPS gets a sufficiently accurate fix to disable the alert, we will include an option to disable the movement-cancelling behavior in the next version of CRADAR.

I would like to thank you all for your interest in our app. Feel free to email me at bkalb@actionxl.com if you have any further questions.

Ben Kalb
ActionXL"
Now that is funny, Me and my buddy took a 80 mile drive to pick up a washing machine tonight and I didn't take my nav unit because he has the Iphone4 that does everything but wipe your *** and he couldn't find a nav program for it cause apparently Apple wants to screw their users into paying $65 for the nav option instead of letting them buy the 1 dollar App like on android. LOL I busted his ***** for the entire trip!

Nah, she's not having affair The original reason for buying my motorcycle was to save some $$$ when I have to commute from home to my job.... 600 miles away.
She's one of a kind and a keeper! They are rare, but they're out there if you look (I'm talking about my wife, not the bike lol)

Old 09-11-2012, 10:31 PM

I have several navigation apps on my iPhone. Some for street use and some for off road use on my ATV. I didn't pay a dime for any of them and they all work great.
Oh, and I had a Droid 2 Global before my iPhone and it was the biggest POS I've ever owned I still have it, but now it just collects dust

Quick Reply: Any Iron Butts on here?