CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Absolutely Sick to my Stomach!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 11:27 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pull your plugs, drop a teaspoon of oil into the bores, and turn the bike over without starting it, next time she stands for an extended period.
I'd say you may have scored the barrel, or given it a bright spot due to lack of oil. Also makes some stands so the bike sits upright in future, over winter or when she has to sit for long periods............
You may have been lucky - hope so..................

Old 02-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, all of the above.

Now I guess it just leaves our payment for services rendered.

Me and Steve will take $25 each, but with Pete you have the option of paying him 58 bazillion rand or a new spear and two grass skirts....

Old 02-25-2010, 07:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a little confused on how after about a total of 20-25mins of warm up time I'd hear the noise.. If that's the case that's one horrible oil pump and I'd figure my whole engine would be shot by that time. Aren't these bikes known for over oiling? And Pete it was actually the #4 exhaust port that looked wet. The opposite side of the kickstand.

My theory is due to my float levels being so far off, when I got the #4 cylinder in sync it pulled in so much fuel it prob washed the oil/thinned it out so much it dried something out. It was so far out it had almost no reading on the vacuum gauge.. I figure it just was flooding the cylinder til I finally brought it back to par. I meam just running the bike for a few mins my clothes smell as if I took a gasoline bath. What do u guys think?

I had my girlfriend smell my oil sample I took a picture of last night.. And didn't explain to her what to smell for.. Plus she knows nothing about engines and her first word was "gasoline".

Man I'm on my mobile phone it sux to use the site... No mobile version available?!

Old 02-25-2010, 01:36 PM

Put your old oil somewhere safe and put a match to the surface - if it goes whoof you had petrol wash in the cylinder at a guess. Strange to get one on the high side......possibly just unlucky, and a bad needle/seat or something that allowed it to get into the cylinder at that kinda volume. At a guess I would also say that your old oil had about as much lubrication ability as a bucket of sand. Could have been a LOT worse Ebineezer old mate. A little high spot won't do any harm.......

Old 02-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Unhappy

hi m8 sorry about problem you are having ,when you say you had it stripped you didnt by any chance drop anything in engine,even a small washer could cause damage. just a thought.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Yep, all of the above.

Now I guess it just leaves our payment for services rendered.

Me and Steve will take $25 each, but with Pete you have the option of paying him 58 bazillion rand or a new spear and two grass skirts....
I'll take the bazillions, ta.
That'd still be 7.5 bazillion USD hehe. We don't work in Lire or Yen, ya know.
As for the grass skirts - you're thinking of Hawaii again Trout.
OUR LOT WOULD BE WEARING SKINS..........................hehe
The spear, I'll take, and shove straight up your...............Green Goblin **** hehe.
Gimme an AK please - it's become our "Traditional weapon" of choice.....

Old 02-26-2010, 02:00 PM

Just a thought on the screeching. I have an XR350 that had a "lifter bearing" in the clutch go. Sreeched like a banchee. The CBR1000F has one also. Does the screeching stop or change when you pull in the clutch?

Old 02-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bassman
Just a thought on the screeching. I have an XR350 that had a "lifter bearing" in the clutch go. Sreeched like a banchee. The CBR1000F has one also. Does the screeching stop or change when you pull in the clutch?

My thoughts too +1 ....clutch area

So are we wagering ???

Quick Reply: Absolutely Sick to my Stomach!