CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

94 CBR 1000F...who can use it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I meant I'm not looking to make much money off it! Oh Geez...sorry again guys.

But I'm open to trades of almost anything! Race leathers, gear, any CBR 929 or F3 projects or parts!

Best,

Ron

Old 05-20-2009, 04:31 PM

pm sent

Old 05-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

'Cmon!! This is a FREEEE bike!! Surely your fiancée will understand . Tell her it'll save a fortune in spare parts
I just told the fiancee' about 5mins ago, and she asked when I'd be leaving. She knows I want it, and I was gonna go asap, but it looks like the original offer doesn't stand?
I don't have any of the stuff he wants...

Old 05-20-2009, 06:39 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O boy , did I grab the wrong end of that stick . By the way there's no 'U' in gullible just a me

Old 05-21-2009, 03:48 PM

looks like your doing a u turn on your original offer its a bit sad getting the lads hopes up of a freebie

Old 05-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OK so we all had the wrong impression...........no harm done
Maybe if you'd tell us what sort of money/trade you are looking for it would clear the matter up, and we can find the old girl a new home.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:49 PM

Yeah, again sorry guys.

I actually put an ad up with pics on the classified section under CBR 1000F...as for trades, I'm open to a sport touring project, leathers, gear, or 929 or F3 parts. As for cash, my biggest offer so far was $1,000.

Best,

Ron

Old 05-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like your doing a u turn on your original offer its a bit sad getting the lads hopes up of a freebie
Exactly right, nutter.

Not only did he come on offering it for free, but went as far as to pm me this:

As for a price, name one. Seriously just name one...you're a rider, and a obviously read some great literature, so that's more than good for me.
I told him I'd give him $50 and that I could pick it up this weekend or monday. He already said that the fairings were scratched up and the gas tank needed relined, etc. Plus, you know it has no title so it needs a frame swap etc.

Then, he emails me this:

I actually put it up for sale or for trade. Sorry, but $50 won't do it. I was already offered $1000 for it, and am waiting on others since the ad just went up.

Again, I guess I confused many people when I put that add up saying I didn't want to make much money from it...Sorry about that.

But let me know...

Ron
Ron,
I don't think anyone is confused. I think we all have a pretty good idea what is going on here.
Bottom line? You're full of shlt.
Take your bullshlt elsewhere. This forum doesn't need people like you on it, making deals you don't intend to follow through with.
It's not the first time I've seen it, and it won't be the last, but it still pisses me off.
A man is only as good as his word. Enough said.

OK so we all had the wrong impression...........no harm done
Shadow, my brother, you are a hell of a nice guy.
Me.... not so nice.
I don't like people screwing around with other people.
First offer stands. It stands on every other board I've ever been on.
Sure, some people let it slide once in a while (usually not), but twice does it for me.
He said it was free, and that he just wanted it out of his garage. Then he said he just wanted to help a brother biker out.
Then he offered it to me for whatever I wanted to pay.
Now it's up to $1000 as a parts bike with no title, scratched up fairings, and a shot gas tank.
I'm sorry, shadow, but it's bullshlt.

By the way, I saw a really nice silver 1000F in town today for sale. I just saw it at lunch. Guy wants $2k or best offer and it is MINT (almost as nice as yours, shadow... )
I was gonna get a pic because you don't see them all that much near me. Maybe I'll snap a shot on the way home...

Old 05-22-2009, 04:32 PM

OMG Dylan, relax. I never mentioned the word "free" in anything. And obviously I'm not full of **** as you say; Jesus, i rebuilt and sold about 12 bikes last year, and i do work for everyone. But come on, I originally said I didn't want to make money on the bike, i never said it was free. Then i even submitted a new tread, saying I didn't mean to give the wrong impression...and then I tell you to "seriously" make me an offer and you offer me $50? Um that's the BS part of this...I was being nice, but you tell me I'm BS.

Just weird...that's all, very weird for another motorcyclists to not understand. I'm letting the bike go cheap cuz I want it to be ridden, not just sitting around in my garage. Jesus, if someone offered me a set of leathers I would take it for the machine, but $50? Let other forum members decide where the BS comes from.

Best,

Ron

Old 05-22-2009, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by 0055RAL
I have a 94 CBR 1000F I was going to restore for sport touring-riding purposes, but I spend more time on the track, and need some space. The bike is all there, but there's no title; I was looking for a frame to re-title it but I have a notorized stamp recognizing the seller...I had the bike running with another gas tank, but I'm just looking to get it out of my garage.

Let me know...I'll send pics to whoever. It's all there, and is a great project. I'm not looking for money, just a satisfied biker who can restore this bike and use it. I'm a freelance writer, published in CycleWorld and AllAboutBikes.com, so realize, I'm just trying to help another biker out...

Best,

Ron
there's nothing in that post about trading the bike if you wanted to trade or look for money for it you should have said so not to rub people up the wrong way

Quick Reply: 94 CBR 1000F...who can use it?