CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

'88 CBR1000F, Horrible Rattling!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: '88 CBR1000F, Horrible Rattling!

ORIGINAL: Napalm1000

Replaced my Cowling, turn signals, etc. Still unable to find the source.

The Radiator was fine & secure. Suppose I'll look under the Tank next, could be a leaf from my trees?

Who knows, will keep you updated.
You titled this thread "Horrible Rattling". Now you think a leaf is causing the noise. What's up with that?

You may be getting close. Is the radiator rubbing on plastic? How about the hoses? Is there enough standoff between the fan and engine? If you can stop the sound by holding the radiator you are getting warmer, no you are getting hoter, no...you are burning up....

Old 09-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '88 CBR1000F, Horrible Rattling!

ORIGINAL: TimBucTwo

ORIGINAL: Napalm1000

Replaced my Cowling, turn signals, etc. Still unable to find the source.

The Radiator was fine & secure. Suppose I'll look under the Tank next, could be a leaf from my trees?

Who knows, will keep you updated.
You titled this thread "Horrible Rattling". Now you think a leaf is causing the noise. What's up with that?

You may be getting close. Is the radiator rubbing on plastic? How about the hoses? Is there enough standoff between the fan and engine? If you can stop the sound by holding the radiator you are getting warmer, no you are getting hoter, no...you are burning up....

It's not incredibly loud which leads me to believe it is NOT a Lifter otherwise it'd be louder.

I washed the bike at the Car Wash as the Motor Ran and the "Rattle" stopped until the next day.

Weird, but the bike RUNS like a CHARM.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Default RE: '88 CBR1000F, Hor

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

It's not incredibly loud which leads me to believe it is NOT a Lifter otherwise it'd be louder.

I washed the bike at the Car Wash as the Motor Ran and the "Rattle" stopped until the next day.

Weird, but the bike RUNS like a CHARM.
No **** mate ? yu wash her and it goes ...hmmmmmmm????? then comes back ?

NOW there's a clue!!!!! the water obviously got into the bugger and temp lubed the thing'ie that's rattling..... yer , ok I did not solve it , but its a clue at least mate

I think taking her to a church for a quick Exorcism is the only hope
No thanks, not a Religious Man...

...thanks anyway!

Maybe lay off the Sauce Aye Mate?

BTW, Russell Crowe is an A'hole!

Old 09-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No need to be offensive, Napalm...? It's not like you......
CBRClassic's got a point - if the noise stopped after it was washed, he's probably on the mark.
Does Russel Crowe even own a bike ? Not sure, but Tom Cruise does - plenty - and whilst an exorcism probably won't help him OR your bike, the power of prayer has helped many a better biker than me.
I'd take a stab and say one loose bolt, somewhere in the radiator region, or attached to it......
Play nice, boys.....[X(]

Old 09-26-2008, 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

CBRClassic's got a point - if the noise stopped after it was washed, he's probably on the mark.
Does Russel Crowe even own a bike ? Not sure, but Tom Cruise does - plenty - and whilst an exorcism probably won't help him OR your bike, the power of prayer has helped many a better biker than me.
I'd take a stab and say one loose bolt, somewhere in the radiator region, or attached to it......
Play nice, boys.....[X(]
Your Right Shadow, I admit, CBRClassic has been Funny & Helpful.

I mean no Dis-Respect to the Aussie's! I envy them, except for Russell Crowe of course. LOL!

You Two have a GREAT Weekend, I'll find that "Rattle" and post it on this Thread!

Old 09-26-2008, 05:55 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

Play nice, boys.....[X(]
Well...he poked fun at me first dad

I actually can't believe that going over everything with a probe can not locate it ..?
I find all my little external rattles that way ...
I wonder if the nasty little boy has done that at all as yet Pete ... hmmmm ?
Sorry Buddy, I didn't know what a Wheegie was?

Enjoy your Weekend!

Quick Reply: '88 CBR1000F, Horrible Rattling!