CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

1996 CBR 1000f luggage options

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Luggage

I no longer have the Joe Rocket luggage as shown in leanit's photo. I bought Krauser K3 hard luggage a few years ago. I can carry a lot more with me on trips now. I use a Roadgear magnetic tank bag also.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow
Nonfango 3x48L units. Work well, comfortable.
Found on e-Bay.UK
New prices are silly...............
Krauser, Givi for other hard boxes, and plenty of soft options, like Oxford.........
New prices are silly.

I have a Give setup.
I got the mounting kit (Y155) from,

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...tview/142/135/

I got the wing rack (N140) from,

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/134/

I got my side bags from e-bay for $300.00.
Supper deal at TwistedThrottle right now at $483/pair, usually around $600/pair.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/37/69/

I got my top bag for $80 off e-bay.
I was using one of the side bags as a top bag until I waited to find the top bag.
I figure that I have $600 US invested in the system but I use it. I got tired of the soft bags that I had. Things get wet and you can't lock them.

We have a 600-650 mile ride/camping trip/golf tournament coming up this weekend and I plan on filling my bags (with golf *****?-maybe!).

Attached Thumbnails 1996 CBR 1000f luggage options-givi-1.jpg   1996 CBR 1000f luggage options-givi6.jpg   1996 CBR 1000f luggage options-givi3.jpg   1996 CBR 1000f luggage options-givi2.jpg  

Last edited by TimBucTwo; 07-26-2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: added more stuff
Old 07-26-2009, 05:57 PM

I also want to point out that my hard bags can't be opened or removed from the bike without the key. I have the ability of leaving the bags in a hotel room locked.

They have handles and can be carried easily. In the states there are not as many options for bags as in other countries so Givi it was.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
New prices are silly.

I have a Give setup.
I got the mounting kit (Y155) from,

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...tview/142/135/

I got the wing rack (N140) from,

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/134/

I got my side bags from e-bay for $300.00.
Supper deal at TwistedThrottle right now at $483/pair, usually around $600/pair.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/37/69/

I got my top bag for $80 off e-bay.
I was using one of the side bags as a top bag until I waited to find the top bag.
I figure that I have $600 US invested in the system but I use it. I got tired of the soft bags that I had. Things get wet and you can't lock them.

We have a 600-650 mile ride/camping trip/golf tournament coming up this weekend and I plan on filling my bags (with golf *****?-maybe!).
Wow! Thank you very much for posting this with photos. This is exactly the set up I am looking forward to creating with my 1994 CBR1000F that I recently acquired. It appears you also have a Corbin seat and a sport touring wind screen? If so, do you mind letting us know what brand of wind screen that is? Thanks!

Old 07-27-2009, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by cbr1000f94
you mind letting us know what brand of wind screen that is?
That's a Givi screen but I don't think you can get them anymore. You may try calling them and asking if they have any laying around. They don't list them anymore. I love mine. the wind comes up and hits in the mid to upper face shield area.

With the bag setup I can have 1-bag, 2-bags, 3-bags or none with the turn of a key.

If you plan on spending a great deal of time in the saddle, the Corbin is a little stiff. You may not be able to buy Corbins new. The other option is Sargent. You send yours in and they refit it (stiffer foam,wider, contoured). They even ask yo how much you weigh. Sargent is pricey but everyone I have talked to says it is well worth the money.

http://www.sargentcycle.com

The tank bag is a magnetic TourMaster and it comes off quickly to refuel. I keep my clear shield in it while riding in the day and switch out at night. I also carry pen & paper, maps, gloves, side stand thingy, clear glasses for night, reading glasses, ski wax to wax my shields (sheds rain quite well) and a small Rubbermaid container with washcloth damp with soapy water for cleaning the bugs off of shields. People laughed at me for carrying the washcloth but now they carry them as well after using mine. I still carry a cargo net that I don’t use since I have the bags now.

Last edited by TimBucTwo; 07-27-2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: added tank bag info.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Default Please post some pics Silent

Originally Posted by Silentshooter
I no longer have the Joe Rocket luggage as shown in leanit's photo. I bought Krauser K3 hard luggage a few years ago. I can carry a lot more with me on trips now. I use a Roadgear magnetic tank bag also.
Silent has a cool site and I saw a picture of his bike with the Krauser luggage awhile back. One sharp ride! Please post some pics of your bike so we can enjoy. I actually used your bike as my goal of setting up a sport-tourer.
This Thursday I'm off to she how she does. The wifey can't get off work so I'm going to see what she does solo. The seat covers are amazing and a short 100 mile ride was nothing.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Default Nice gear Tim

Nice set of luggage Tim. I know Twisted Throttle and went to their site to order multiple items for my CB919 last year. The thing is, when i priced out bags, brackets and tank bag; I was well over $1,000.00.
Sure, you have luggage that locks and it looks great but you have $600.00 in it and I have $227.00 with shipping charges. I have three connections and the bags are off and I'm carrying them. The Nelson-Rigg set-up has a lifetime warranty to the original buyer as well. No they don't lock but I don't plan on walking away while I'm riding. Another real plus. I did not have to remove the rear turnsignals so I can drop the bags off and she won't have brackets sticking out in the wind.
I looked and looked for hard bags but with no luck. I searched ebaymotors. com (USA and Europe) but had no luck. I'll try these for a few years and may go the Givi route if I'm not happy with them. Later, JD

Old 07-28-2009, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by leanit
I looked and looked for hard bags but with no luck. I searched ebaymotors. com (USA and Europe) but had no luck. I'll try these for a few years and may go the Givi route if I'm not happy with them. Later, JD
It took me about 1 1/2 years to get what I wanted. The guy that put the bags up for sale on e-bay used them for two weeks and, I think, he bought a bike with bags. His ad said,"my loss your gain" (I got lucky). I have seen entire systems come up for other bikes, in which case all you need is the mounting kit to fit it to your bikes. I spent a lot of time searching for any bag to fit. There is more Givi stuff out there than other brands. I believe that in other threads there is a guy in the UK that makes mounting kits for GivI bags that look better when the bags are off.

If you are looking for Givi, my advice is to go to e-bay home page and search on Givi.
There is a N140 wing rack on there now for $99 (1/2 price).

Side note: It figures that after 1 1/2 years of searching, the guy across the street form me pulled out a Givi display with the three piece Givi N140 wingrack on it and asked me what it was. I told him it was a luggage system for a motorcycle and he asked me if I wanted it. I could have cut my $600 system by $200 if he showed it to me 1 month earlier.

Last edited by TimBucTwo; 07-28-2009 at 08:15 AM. Reason: you can read and read but soon as you post, mistakes!
Old 09-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

http://http://www.twistedthrottle.co...tview/142/136/ Ok I have used the almighty google and searched this site for some luggage made for my 87' Cane. I have found the GIVI 155 and N140 on twistedthrottle.com. Can any one tell me what the 155 and the N140 is and why I need them. Thanks

Old 09-28-2009, 06:58 PM

IMO the CorTech TirBag is the best tankbag ever. I love it so much that I bought a second one, just in case this one wears out or if I lose it, and they don't make it any more. I agree re: Nelson Rigg bags. I've got a pair of the larger NR sport bags and I love them. On my CBR I use that stuff along with a Givi trunk rack w/ a generic Chinese box on it ($60 new on Ebay).

Quick Reply: 1996 CBR 1000f luggage options