Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

turn signals help pls!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn signals help pls!

i'm tryin to replace my stock front signals on my 05 CBR with an aftermarket but the fuse kept burning...
the aftermarket signals has 2 wires but the stock has 3 wires. orange/orange ,white/ green on one side andblue/blue, white / green on the other. i assume that the green is ground. i would really appreciate any help here.thanks and ride safe.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: turn signals help pls!

use a cirucit tester.... you hav eto pick if you want running lights or turn signals... most likely u want turn signals, so use a circuit tester, find the turn signal wire and hook it up correctly and u will stop blowing fuses

Old 05-02-2007, 10:11 PM

thanks for the tip. unfortunately i don't have a tester on hand. will ask neighbor if they have one...

Old 05-02-2007, 10:20 PM

Aftermarket signals are not used like a marker light as well.. The green is ground and the solid blue is right and the solid orange is left. the striped are markers. You can connect the colors together and you marker will all turn on, when you turn it will still blink but I don't recomend it. I got the leds and they are great. Johnny

Old 05-21-2007, 11:14 PM

Hi guys brand new member here, I just installed the hotbodies led flush mounts this past weekend. Stock wires = 3 wires ; flush mounts = 2 wires. Just as Johnnyh said the green is ground and there are 2 blue on the right and 2 orange on the left. I wanted them to be running lights as well as turn signals so I stripped both blue and both orange on each side and twisted them together toform one blue and one orange.They stay lit on my display but all works well. Good luck

Old 05-22-2007, 01:12 AM
Retired Administrator

Welcome to the forum guys.

Like Johnny said... we don't recommend wiring the marker light and turn signal together. You don't leave your signals on that long, but if you do forget and leave it on after you turn, you're asking for some damage.

I wired my hot bodies up with a normally closed relay. This give me 12 v to the marker lights and the relay switches off when it receives 12 v from the signal wire. This appears to be a turn signal now. The resistors have to be installed in the back, but it works.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:58 AM

I have followed all of the wiring diagrams fromother pages hereand I still can not get the Hotbodies front LED flush mounts and my Clear Alternatives integrated tail light blinkers to work together!!! I have tried everything and getting more frustrated every minute. I am using resistors on all lights, the resistors I'm using are 20 watt 5 ohms. I see on here thatsomeone elsementioned 20-25 watt, 8 ohm resistors, would using those solve my problem? I have a '04 CBR 600RR. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Retired Administrator

I will have to look but I think I'm using resistors I picked up at radio shack and they are much lower resistance that what you have.

You only need to add a resistor to each side, not all four signals. That's just over kill. Are you wiring the resistor up right? I ask because this is a very common mistake. Resistors add a load to the system just like a light bulb does, so you have to jump across the power and ground wire. Make sense? I see a lot of questions where guys think resistors are wired in line on just the power side like a filter.

PM me if you need more help.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:03 AM

hey guys i am new in here also, and having the same problem as one red rider but my tail lights are working. When i hook the oranges together then to the yellow from my signal, and the green to the signals black. when i turn the blinker on it stayes on and doesn't blink so i read up and got the resistors and installed them. they go from the (green,black) to ( orange ,orange, yellow) it will blink but that always blows the fuse that is for my guages (speedometer and all that stuff.) this is on a 05 cbr600rr

daniel
atl,ga

Old 06-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Retired Administrator

I will not agree with anyone that wires the marker light and signals wires together. I know a lot of members here say they do it without any problems, but I don't see how.

Anyways, if I remember correctly, the color coding for the signals are:

Left = Orange, Orange with stripe and Green
Right= Blue, Blue with stripe and Green.

Green is the common/ground. But I don't remember which is the signal wire. The resistor needs to be connected be wiring it accross the green and signal wire. The resistor adds a load just like a light bulb would.

Hope this helps, PM me if you need more help.