F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Front Turn Signals, Aftermarket mirrors with turn signals?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Front Turn Signals, Aftermarket mirrors with turn signals?

Hello all, I did a search prior to asking...I currently have a cheap set of aftermarket on the front of my bike but they are an eye sore.

I need to get people's opinions please, I want a more aerodynamic look on the bike. I do see the "flush mount" turn signals but my biggest concern is safety, at night is much less because of the bright *** LED that are out there. I am pretty sold on the Proton turn signals but they are very expensive. Id love to go back to the running light setups, but my biggest thing is I dont know why my local honda shop said they would not pass flush mount turn signals even the protons that are more of a bubble. Does anyone know of turn signals or even a good place to find the protons that arent the cheap universal ebay ones that I can also use for a three wire setup?

Again safety in the daytime is my concern, I was even looking at the aftermarket mirrors with turn signals made for our bikes but wasnt sure how the visibility was on those and how they looked cosmetically...

Thank you for any insight you may have here.

Mike

Old 04-30-2010, 11:56 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

there are lots of mirrors out there for our bikes alot of it is personal preference on the styling... as for flushmounts... i have a set off ebay but they are not similar to the protons... i dont know of any that are even similar...

Old 04-30-2010, 12:54 PM

The protons are a three wire setup. They do running and turn. I have them on my bike.

As for not being seen in the daytime. Your headlight is going to be the most visible. Even if you had mirrors with running LED's in them if someone doesnt see your headlight, I doubt they will see your regular running lights, or lights on your mirrors.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reason they won't "pass" the bike, is cause 90% of the aftermarket stuff is not D.O.T. approved.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:31 PM
July 2010 ROTM

if your concerned with the safety part just stay with stock, there are few very visible fluch mounts

Old 04-30-2010, 01:31 PM

Ok, so how do you add flush mounts and get the bike inspected haha. So you think the protons are worth the money? Yes I do know they are a three wire, that is the main reason I looked into them. I did see another site that has a three wire kit you can add to the LED setup. Thanks for the info.

Do you keep your protons on the standard flash?

Old 04-30-2010, 01:44 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

u go to inspection with the stockers then u switch them to flush when u get home lol... i dont beleive that protons are worth the money myself... ide just get flushmounts... if u wanted to you could get integrated mirrors for the people in front of you to see...

Old 04-30-2010, 01:48 PM
July 2010 ROTM

i dont have inspections......but also yeah, to pass u switch to stock and then switch back

Old 04-30-2010, 01:56 PM

Anyone have a link of integrated mirrors they have used? I have seen a few different ones out there but not sure how good they look in person or what not. I will do the flush mounts and the integrated mirrors, i think i can find someone to inspect it haha without all the darn hassle of taking off and putting back on.

You guys rock here

Old 04-30-2010, 02:04 PM

Anyone have a link of integrated mirrors they have used? I have seen a few different ones out there but not sure how good they look in person or what not. I will do the flush mounts and the integrated mirrors

Quick Reply: Front Turn Signals, Aftermarket mirrors with turn signals?