Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

Rear Turn signals / Undertail

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Turn signals / Undertail

Greetings everyone.
Can anyone reccomend a good set of rear turn signals or an undertail system that has good turn signals?
I have aftermarket rear signals right now, but they're just...invisible.
Look sleek and good in the daytime and when i don't need to turn but I want something that still allows em to communicate my intentions to the people behind me.
My riding buddy even said HE could barely see them, when he was following me to my house.
Any information you guys might be able to share would be fabulous.
Appreciate it guys,
--Acumen
Edit:Forgot to include that I ride an '02 f4i. Thanks guys!

Old 09-13-2006, 02:29 AM
Default RE: Rear Turn signals / Undertail

i also ran into the ame problem with aftermarket turn signals. I went Yamaha ( ya ya ya i know i have a honda, but they had what i wanted in stock) and got a turn signal eliminator kit. It intergrates your turn signals into your brake light. Let say you put your left turn signal on, the right brake light is bright solid red while the left flashes and same the other way around. also whats nice about this kit is that when you are on the brake the brake lights pulse to make yourself more visible! Its a great kit and worth the money in my opinion. So i put the aftermarkets up on the self to collect dust and i am very satisfied with this kit. The kit is universal as long as the bike you are putting it on has to rear brake lights! I hope this helps if you have any questions feel free to ask. i will get the part number tomorrow i left the box at work. Oh ya by the way the install is pretty much a pain in the ***. I think i blew 3 15amp fuse in the process.

Old 09-13-2006, 02:18 PM

Try to find anything with LED's they are by far going to be the brightest turnsignals. You can get the short stocks fairly cheap at any shop. Most of them come with a clear lense so that the LED's are extremely visible day or night.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:20 PM

try www.fendereliminators.net they have a replacement tail light for all sport bikes. Ther kit is a factory replacement light that puts about 50 LED's in your tail light. The standard 954 tail that is pretty frickin bright has only 13 by comparison. All you do is remove your tail light and put this one in and plug it in. They also put amber lights in between the red ones so the blinker is a different color. So if you brake and have the turn signal on it will strobe red then amber on that side. and solid on the other. They also have a few other cool products and do package deals if you buy more than one thing. usually you save like 20-40 bucks if you get more than one thing.
Try it out. I dont have them yet but nothing else on the internet has the ability to clean up a bike like some of their products. Their LED turn signals look kind of gay but the rest is pretty cool. LED turn signals in the rear pegs.