Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

MotorcycleFairingsRUS.com REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 06:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am confused. I thought he had a design already chosen (see first post in this thread, second picture), which volcom440 says had been accepted on 3/21/12?

I'm not knockin, just confused by the question of if volcom had chosen a final design because 4/7 you point out that you are paying for them out of pocket and they have not been put into production yet (I can understand that), then a on 5/1, stated the plastics were still in the pipe (still understandable if they were only paid for in the last week or so), then today the question about a final design. This gives an indication that a final design was not chosen.

Again, just confused. But then it is early for me to be up. lol

Old 05-10-2012, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by MotorcycleFairingsRUS.com
They are going to come pretty soon to you. Before you know it you'll have them. Have you got a final design? The konica minolta is popular. You can also have different version of it like, blue/red/lime green?
i already submitted my design and you said it was good to go. its on the first page of this thread.

Name:  redwingtwirl.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  110.9 KB

Old 05-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Where are we w/ this situation volcom440?

Old 05-16-2012, 04:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Where are we w/ this situation volcom440?
Very very soon
I keep my promises

Old 05-17-2012, 10:34 AM

stephen has been great with my order on MAY7th so far.

I have a tracking number that doesn't seem to work but it has only been a few days.
I will update with full report and photos when i receive.
hopefully it will be within the next week or so.....

Old 05-17-2012, 06:05 PM

sorry guy i havent had time to update this thread a lot of stuff going on in my life right now and this was the least of my worries. but as of 5/16/12 05:00 stephen contacted me with the update that my fairing should be done very very soon. which is good news. as always i'll keep you updated as i go.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:17 AM
Default My Review :icon_denk:

Well guys, I jumped on the opportunity to win a free set as well. Obviously Volcom won, but as I checked the website it seemed like the best place to buy. The prices were great and the fact that I could request custom paint was awesome. I made my order and Steven contacted me very soon confirming my purchase.

It was a painstaking wait, im not going to lie! But in hindsight the timing wasnt horrible. I ordered Mar 28 and got them about 3 weeks later. I had the same issue with not being able to track my order as soon as I got the tracking number. But one thing they dont tell you is this, in the beginning you have to use the chinese tracking system, which is under EMS (EMS Tracking). It wont track on the US Postal system until it reaches our shores. Sucks, but thats how it goes.

Anyway, once my frames came in the box looked a bit beat up, but I already had my bike in the shop and wanted to ride so bad that I took it straight to the shop to have them put the fairings on. I opened the box once I got to the shop and everything looked good at first glance. The fairings were packed decently, I honestly would have used two boxes, but they were wrapped and seemed okay. I pulled one of the side fairings out, checked the paint job and it looked good. Everyone seems to like it except for the guy who was working on my bike. (I got matte black, and he said they just put primers... eh still looks good to me )

The only thing was one of the fairings had a piece broken off, I contacted Steve about it and he said that he wished that I would have taken a picture prior to mounting the fairings. Unfortunately I didnt notice, it was the guy putting them on...

In the end, I am happy with product, the only thing I didnt like about the whole process was, and I am sorry Steve, but the lack of information Steve had at times, or the lack of responses to some of my emails. BUT I will say, that I bugged him a lot in his defense.

I got the product, the work was good, the rear tail fairing doesnt fit right with my handle bars, I just remember that. But I am a rider, and I dont want to go through the same process right now. I actually need to email them and see what they can do for me.

Sorry this is so long guys!

Old 05-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Default order received

I received the fairing today.
overall quality is very good. not perfect...but very nice
ordered may 7th.
received may 22.
custom colors

>>>I SHOULD HAVE ORDERED THE ENTIRE FAIRING KIT INSTEAD OF JUST THE 2 DAMAGED SIDE PANELS...

i am headed out to try them for proper fit.

i do not know how to add pictures to this website yet...but i'll figure that out later.

Attached Thumbnails MotorcycleFairingsRUS.com REVIEW-2012-05-22-09.53.10.jpg  
Old 05-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Maine cbr rider
I received the fairing today.
overall quality is very good. not perfect...but very nice
ordered may 7th.
received may 22.
custom colors

>>>I SHOULD HAVE ORDERED THE ENTIRE FAIRING KIT INSTEAD OF JUST THE 2 DAMAGED SIDE PANELS...

i am headed out to try them for proper fit.

i do not know how to add pictures to this website yet...but i'll figure that out later.
Upload the images to imgur: the simple image sharer

Old 06-08-2012, 03:10 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

Originally Posted by NewSense45
the rear tail fairing doesnt fit right with my handle bars
What?

Quick Reply: MotorcycleFairingsRUS.com REVIEW