CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Aftermarket (https://cbrforum.com/forum/aftermarket-28/)
-   -   MotorcycleFairingsRUS.com REVIEW (https://cbrforum.com/forum/aftermarket-28/motorcyclefairingsrus-com-review-136305/)

volcom440 04-03-2012 12:52 PM

MotorcycleFairingsRUS.com REVIEW

37 Attachment(s)
ok guys some background information is needed on this before i go on. i won these fairings in a contest held my motorcyclefairingsRUS.com and i would like to note that if you are a paying customer the time it takes you to get your will be much much quicker than the time i got mine. i dont want to give people the idea that it takes this long to get what they pay for. now for the review.

I'll be doing the review on a 1-10 scale judging the whole process on customer service, paint quality, plastic quality, fitment, shipping and then an overall satisfaction rating

Customer Service (5) : OK like i mentioned before i won these in a contest. At first customer service was awesome everything was moving smoothly along and i was good to go after my design was accepted. then i went almost a month without hearing anything and had to keep asking for updated on when i would be receiving the product and what not. well when it was finally got my fairings in they were wrong, yes wrong... i supplied the photo which can be seen below and stated that i wanted certain things to be changed, instead i just got what was in the photo, when i brought it up all i got was "well its too late they're already shipped" and that was the end of that i didn't bother trying to return them because after all i didn't pay anything for them.

Paint (8) : The paint was surprisingly good much better than i thought it was going to be. Im no expert painter but the only thing i could really find to complain about were the few small paint chips in certain areas (pictured below) and there is probably one 1-2 coats of clear on the fairings them self. i'll probably be taking it to a paint shop to get a few more coats of clear sprayed on. As far as i can see there aren't any obvious runs in the paint.

Plastic (7) : As with all aftermarket these aren't going to be OEM quality. but over all they were good, i noticed that these are thinner then OEM which isn't a big deal but your going to feel more heat through the fairings by your legs. and on your turn signals (flush mounts at least) the bracket type thing that goes on the inside need a thicker piece of plastic to mount too otherwise the turn signal was loose and floppy on the fairings, its an easy fix though i just added a washer or two to make up for the space.

Fitment (8.5) : Fitment was pretty good it was much easier than i thought it was going to be. all the holes were clean and free of over spray as well. There were only a few spots where i had trouble 1) the left ram air duct 2) the right and side where the ram air cover, nose and side fairing come to meet (pictured below) and 3) the tank took a little persuading to go down into place. other than that i was satisfied

Shipping (9) : everything was wrapped up nicely and i didnt have any breaks or crack in the fairings when i received them. there was a fist sized hole in the box though (pictured below) but MFRUS doesnt have much control on how the box is handled when being shipped.

Overall (8) : overall im extremely satisfied with the product i got. i would definitely recommend this company if you were in the market for some new fairings!

My orignal design idea:
Attachment 39691

this was too complicated so i had to choose another design. i decided on this one.
Attachment 39692
i changed all the white behind the honda logos and the 600RR logo to grey, and the pin stripping around the wings to go all the way around instead of just on the bottom.

that design was accepted on 3/21/2012 but he could not put the order in yet. (money issues or something)
as of now (4/3/2012) i am still waiting on word from MFRUS on when my order will be put in.
package came in on 7/23/12

Box Pics
Attachment 39693

Attachment 39694

Attachment 39695

this was the only problem i seen with the box, had a big (fist size) hole in the side of it upon arrival
Attachment 39696

Neatly Packaged
Attachment 39697

Plenty of Heat Shield was supplied
Attachment 39698

Everything was nicely wrapped and nothing was missing, NOTE the dog doesn't come with your order sorry :(
Attachment 39699

intial unwrapping pictures
these were taken off my iphone so the quality isnt that great but i have high res pics coming soon

Slight paint chip on the solo seat
Attachment 39700

Attachment 39701

Attachment 39702

Fairings on and washed!

Attachment 39703

Attachment 39704

Attachment 39705

Attachment 39706

Attachment 39707

Attachment 39708

Attachment 39709

Showing paint chip at the top of those nose by the windscreen
Attachment 39710

Same story on the other side
Attachment 39711

Fitment not right on the left hand side air duct, tried for a good half hour trying to get this piece to fit correctly
Attachment 39712

Small paint chip underneath the left headlight
Attachment 39713

The only bolt i couldnt get to line up correctly, this was a tough bolt even with the oem fairings though. oh and dont mind the water spots i had washed the bike just before this and missed a spot whole drying
Attachment 39714

Attachment 39715

Attachment 39716

the awesome windscreen that they designed for me. i didn't ask for the color to be two tone or for them to have honda on there but it looks great!
Attachment 39717

Attachment 39718

Attachment 39719

Attachment 39720

slight fitment issue on the right side fairing and lower fairing. hardly noticeable at all though
Attachment 39721

Attachment 39722

Attachment 39723

Attachment 39724

Attachment 39725

Attachment 39726

Attachment 39727

IF ANYONE HAS ANY OTHER QUESTIONS OR WOULD LIKE TO SEE A SPECIFIC PICTURE FEEL FREE TO PM ME AND ASK

NRWhiteKnight 04-04-2012 12:07 AM

I like that second pic. Hope it looks just as good when completed. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

volcom440 04-04-2012 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by NRWhiteKnight (Post 1146488)
I like that second pic. Hope it looks just as good when completed. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

thanks me too! just put on my red rim tape today and i got a red chain and red sprocket nuts to go on, everything should be looking awesome when it comes together.

cgrace986 04-04-2012 04:17 PM

that bitch is sweet!!! You ever ride to Louisiana? or the Baton Rouge area?

NewSense45 04-04-2012 04:49 PM

Love that second pic man! Hope it comes out just as nice! I ordered my set from them on 3/28 he said it should be done 4/6 and 8 days shipping. I hope mine doesnt get delayed like yours!

Ill post pics for everyone too when I get them and let you know how the whole process went.

volcom440 04-04-2012 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by cgrace986 (Post 1146679)
that bitch is sweet!!! You ever ride to Louisiana? or the Baton Rouge area?

to the slidell area havent gone to baton rouge though. i do in my car for blue bayou and what not haha

gotcbr 04-04-2012 05:17 PM

That should look great on your bike. Are you changing your windscreen & seat cover to match?

jeffjones 04-04-2012 07:24 PM

I got my seat covers from this guy Custom Seat Covers 03-06 Honda 600rr Colors&Carbon | eBay

He did good work and I love them.

volcom440 04-04-2012 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr (Post 1146701)
That should look great on your bike. Are you changing your windscreen & seat cover to match?

im gonna keep my windscreen black and my step sisters dad does custom interior and stuff i'll just pay him to recover them and put gel and memory foam inside them :D

NewSense45 04-05-2012 06:06 PM

Hey Volcom440, have you heard from them lately? I wrote them an email about a week ago and havent gotten word back.