Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

How much is my extended swingarm worth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking How much is my extended swingarm worth?

Hi,

I've bought my 1999 900RR and it came with the stock swingarm and also an extra extended swingarm. I'd like to sell the extended swingarm but I have no idea how much it is worth. It measures 40" total length and is in good condition. Powder-coated yellow to match the bike. I have no hardware to include with it. Solid swingarm only. Any idea how much I should ask for it? I've got a couple of guys asking me how much I want for it and I don't want to price myself too high/low.

Thanks all!

adamlewis06

Old 07-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

for an old bike like that i'd take whatever i was offered. not much market in a 1999 swingarm

Old 07-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Thumbs down

This is my first post becauase I just bought my bike. The swingarm is taking up space, so it's the first thing I thought to post on this forum. I explained in my first post that I am attempting to sell the swingarm elsewhere. I came here for advice from people who I assumed would be educated on the topic. So far I've received two replies. 1. A guy basically making fun of how old my bike is. 2. Someone who jumps to negative conclusions before giving someone a chance. If this is the kind of gest this forum produces, why would any noob want to become active here?

Again, I had no intention of selling anything here. But thanks for the nice welcome to your forum.

adamlewis06

Old 07-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look man we all live by the rulz , s'how it is, The Mods have their goddamned hands
full dealing with this chit on a daily basis .........and it sucks...........not just for them
but for the rest of us 'cause they have more to do than just weedin' chit out.
Everyone is welcome but expectations run in both directions .....
Hey suck it up put some time in ...............it's only as big a deal as you yourself
go making it out to be..........and it amuses the hell out of the rest of us looking
at this 'cause it's like a no brainer

Old 07-18-2009, 03:33 PM

So your forum has a Classifieds section which is nothing but bikes/parts for sale. If you are scolding me for trying to sell (which I'm not, but for some reason you have ignored my statements regarding that) then why would you allow ANYONE to post adds regardless of how "senior" they are here.

If I want advice for how much something is worth, where DO you recommend I go? I didn't want to go to the Classifieds section for two reasons:
1. I don't have over 100 posts
2. I'M NOT SELLING ANYTHING ONLINE

I want ADVICE. I'm a new bike owner and I'm sure I'll have a million questions to ask people who ride the exact same bike I do. Apparently a forum for the exact same bike I have is the wrong place.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if someone just so happened to want to ruin their bike with a stretched swingarm, they may pay $100 - $200 for a used one. I wouldnt, I got the 600RR swingarm thats on my bike for about $150, and that included the rear wheel, axle, brakes, right side rear set, and rear master cylinder.

No one here is intentionally being rude to you, its just expected on 99.999% of the forums online to post up a intro when you first join up.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:51 PM

hey playfulgod besides the RR swingarms lookin a bit better any differance in performance that uve notice sry if im postin this in the wrong area just saw u said u had one

Quick Reply: How much is my extended swingarm worth?