CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Aftermarket (https://cbrforum.com/forum/aftermarket-28/)
-   -   How much is my extended swingarm worth? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/aftermarket-28/how-much-my-extended-swingarm-worth-97254/)

adamlewis06 07-15-2009 09:24 PM

How much is my extended swingarm worth?

Hi,

I've bought my 1999 900RR and it came with the stock swingarm and also an extra extended swingarm. I'd like to sell the extended swingarm but I have no idea how much it is worth. It measures 40" total length and is in good condition. Powder-coated yellow to match the bike. I have no hardware to include with it. Solid swingarm only. Any idea how much I should ask for it? I've got a couple of guys asking me how much I want for it and I don't want to price myself too high/low.

Thanks all!

adamlewis06

RojerLockless 07-17-2009 01:20 PM

for an old bike like that i'd take whatever i was offered. not much market in a 1999 swingarm

CBRclassic 07-17-2009 06:46 PM

Sheesh ...1 post and this is it ... ?
Mate ...go participate on the boards... we have an issue with peeps that just register to advertise or sell stuff... 100 post minimum !!! required to quallify around here ..

This is as close as you get to an advert as you are gunna get !! ....

Because Rojer has replied and has not deleted your ass...I will leave it here , but om sure Chain might just torch you soon as he sees this ...

adamlewis06 07-18-2009 09:11 AM

This is my first post becauase I just bought my bike. The swingarm is taking up space, so it's the first thing I thought to post on this forum. I explained in my first post that I am attempting to sell the swingarm elsewhere. I came here for advice from people who I assumed would be educated on the topic. So far I've received two replies. 1. A guy basically making fun of how old my bike is. 2. Someone who jumps to negative conclusions before giving someone a chance. If this is the kind of gest this forum produces, why would any noob want to become active here?

Again, I had no intention of selling anything here. But thanks for the nice welcome to your forum.

adamlewis06

CBRclassic 07-18-2009 09:19 AM

But thanks for the nice welcome to your forum.
Well my friend maybe you would have been welcomed if you had the manners to firstly post a hi in the noob section to say hi and not just go straight in and post what is basically an add..

Someone who jumps to negative conclusions before giving someone a chance. If this is the kind of gest this forum produces, why would any noob want to become active here
Watch it..... you are :icon_deadhorse:

We get PLENTY of happy campers here every day that actually join and participate on the main boards mate!!

Sprock 07-18-2009 09:59 AM

Look man we all live by the rulz , s'how it is, The Mods have their goddamned hands
full dealing with this chit on a daily basis .........and it sucks...........not just for them
but for the rest of us 'cause they have more to do than just weedin' chit out.
Everyone is welcome but expectations run in both directions .....
Hey suck it up put some time in ...............it's only as big a deal as you yourself
go making it out to be..........and it amuses the hell out of the rest of us looking
at this 'cause it's like a no brainer

CBRclassic 07-18-2009 10:02 AM

Very well put Dr Sprock ... http://www.cbr-riders.com/forum/imag...s/smiley20.gif

thanks mate :)

adamlewis06 07-18-2009 03:33 PM

So your forum has a Classifieds section which is nothing but bikes/parts for sale. If you are scolding me for trying to sell (which I'm not, but for some reason you have ignored my statements regarding that) then why would you allow ANYONE to post adds regardless of how "senior" they are here.

If I want advice for how much something is worth, where DO you recommend I go? I didn't want to go to the Classifieds section for two reasons:
1. I don't have over 100 posts
2. I'M NOT SELLING ANYTHING ONLINE

I want ADVICE. I'm a new bike owner and I'm sure I'll have a million questions to ask people who ride the exact same bike I do. Apparently a forum for the exact same bike I have is the wrong place.

PlayfulGod 07-18-2009 03:47 PM

if someone just so happened to want to ruin their bike with a stretched swingarm, they may pay $100 - $200 for a used one. I wouldnt, I got the 600RR swingarm thats on my bike for about $150, and that included the rear wheel, axle, brakes, right side rear set, and rear master cylinder.

No one here is intentionally being rude to you, its just expected on 99.999% of the forums online to post up a intro when you first join up.

Heston383 07-18-2009 03:51 PM

hey playfulgod besides the RR swingarms lookin a bit better any differance in performance that uve notice sry if im postin this in the wrong area just saw u said u had one