Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

Fairing comparisons

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 06:59 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nickp123
does anyone have any experience with the quality/fit and finish of the actual fairings between these companies or are they all pretty much the same you think? Im debating between ordering a set of these or painting mine.
What cbrfairings told me the big thing to look for is injection molded fairings, They are all almost guarentee fit with minimal modifications where as press molded fairings are not guarenteed as they can take some serious modifications to make them fit.

In all honesty, I would be surprised if Auctmarts and cbrfairings got there fairings from the same factory. They seem to offer the same products at close to the same price. I just liked the american customer service of cbrfairings over the chinese customer service of auctmarts.

I choose cbrfairings when I bought mine because their customer service was awesome and auctmarts was horrible and very slow in answering question if they even responded, A couple times I had to send 3-4 emails over a week to get no response.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I think auctmarts stepped up their game cuz they now respond to me within an hour of each email lol.. They want your money. Here is the last email they sent me;

yes we can and we will take this order as a custom order,
and may I have your paypal email addres and I can send you money request and take the order first?
no worry we do a lot of custom paint job and we will not make you disappointed.

--I asked them to make me a zx14 style white fairing kit with red flames and no logos and yup they seem to have it handled

Last edited by Acespad3; 02-21-2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Revision
Old 04-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

***UPDATE***

Just got my fairings from auctmarts yesterday and I must say that ominh outta the box, they looked pretty nice. Went with a pearl white paint and red/black flame special edition huyabusa paint scheme. Took maybe 7 weeks to get them made and sent here.. I believe their American and hong kong locations had a hiccup in communication which slowed down the process.
All in all, install took about 8 hours.. Babysitting and errands in between.

Fitment was snug. Front wheel fairing was a PITA to get in place.. Front nose fit perfect but there is a slight gap on either side between the headlight housing and actual headlight. Side fairings fit well with hardly noticeable gaps.. OEM is definitely better. Tail fairing looks and fits well except the taillights itself gets very little support to keep it from shifting.

All in all, I give auctmarts a 8 out of 10 in overall quality and customer service. Now for the pix

Name:  805f159e.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  110.0 KB
Name:  71838c6c.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  79.0 KB
Name:  2ea84cd5.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  99.0 KB

Wrapping the tank tomorrow

Old 04-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice update. Look forward to seeing it all complete w/ the tank finished.