Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

Fairing comparisons

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fairing comparisons

So after a lot of research, heres what ive come up with..

cbrfairings.com has been bought out by bikebandit and had horrible customer service to begin with.. great products if you could get them to your door..

auctmarts and other like companies that started on ebay usually have a good selection of full made kits for your bikes ready to ship at comparative and competitive prices..

irish 12 designs is a website that will create photoshop designs for your bike and make them look pro..

tapeworks and bikeskinz are two more website companies that create and photoshop designs for your bike or have unlimited amounts of templates ready, but then they will also print them onto vinyls and give you a few different options such as 3/4 kits, pre measured by bike kits, or generic kits..

BTW -- i am ordering a set from auctmarts because i emailed their customer support and they are doing a special package for me. they are taking the below picture..

and changing the colors to a red urban camou design that they have not done before.. not only are they doing that but i requested they send me an F4I tail and they are doing that free of charge!

these are just a few comparisons and please feel free to post more positive or negative feedback for the CBRF readers

Old 02-19-2012, 07:15 PM

WOW! thanks for clearin that up for us. great work

Old 02-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Acespad3
cbrfairings.com has been bought out by bikebandit and had horrible customer service to begin with.. great products if you could get them to your door..

Who had horrible customer service, cbrfairings or bikebandits?

I got mine from cbrfairings and their customer service watch top-notch.
I would definitely go through with them again if I could but have never dealt with bikebandit.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:47 PM

I was wondering what happened to CBRfairings.com everytime I try to go there it re-directs me to bikebandits. They still owe me a bolt kit too but I'll probably end up taking that in the *** and having to buy a kit from somewhere else.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:37 PM

I have heard mixed reviews on cbrfairings.com service but I cannot personally speak for it myself.

Below is an email I just got from auctmarts customer service after all my kit arrangements and details have been customized:

"Dear customer:
many thanks for your interesting!
now we are on Annual** year sales at this moment,

yes we can switch the tail for you!

please kindly let me know what is your paypal email address
and the price for this set is only 539US total and* shipping fees included to your place!
please notice this is our newest perfect fit series and the fitment is a lot better than all other sellers!
Also other sellers's products are most likely compression molded kits which chances are, will lead to lots of fitment issues.
now if you buy the fairing it will come with Free heatshielding, free windscreen + Free tank pad!

thanks
auctmarts ,com
happy 2012."

-so basically, these guys want our money and are willing to part swap and 'help' us do our conversions to get our business.. i like this-

Last edited by Acespad3; 02-20-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:32 AM

I have heard mixed reviews on cbrfairings.com service but I cannot personally speak for it myself.
If you can't personally speak for it why did you?

I understand letting people know they went to bikebandits but you said they have horrible customer service and if you canget themto your door?

When I dealt with them every email was responded to within 24 hours regardless of weekday or weekend (Most responces within 4-6 hours).
My fairings were at my door in less then 10 days in perfect condition.

I did a review on them and they were great. but I understand they all can't be winners and some people expect the exact quality of a $2300 OEM set.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-r...review-129036/

Old 02-20-2012, 10:48 AM

Jeffyjones- I spoke for them based on research and reviews on other forums and cbrf.. But personally I have not dealt with them. I'm def not bashing them, they have great products.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:15 PM

Jeffyjones- I spoke for them based on research and reviews on other forums and cbrf.. But personally I have not dealt with them. I'm def not bashing them, they have great products.
Most people that have dealt with them here were happy.
I have only seen one complaint about them and it was someone on my review that threatened to try to ruin their reputation before he gave them a chance to fix the situation (Which they did).

Its all good, Just thought I would chim in with my experience with them.

Cheers

Old 02-20-2012, 05:43 PM

does anyone have any experience with the quality/fit and finish of the actual fairings between these companies or are they all pretty much the same you think? Im debating between ordering a set of these or painting mine.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:14 PM

From what I've read, auctmarts has a guaranteed product fitment, they even advertise it. I just got an email back from bikebandit and they say they have no affiliation with cbrfairings, this contradicts what I've read which means.. Someone has either redirected cbrfairings.com domain and dns to bike bandit as a joke OR cbrfairings was editing their page and slipped up.. Whoops!

Quick Reply: Fairing comparisons