Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

Is this a creditable seller on Ebay - Mung88

Old 08-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a creditable seller on Ebay - Mung88

Im looking for a new fairing for my bike and this user on ebay named mung88 sells alot on nice looking things on there but i am un sure if it creditable becuase he is located in Hong Kong. If anyone has bought anything from him or knows someone has please let me know. Here is one of his post
http://cgi.ebay.com/919-B-ABS-Fairin...QQcmdZViewItem

He has great seller feedback and has sold a lot of items but its alot of money to be throwing around. im to new on ebay to contact him or any buyers from him so any information would be greatly appreaciated.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Is this a creditable seller on Ebay - Mung88

stay away like the plague.. that guy screwed me out of 700 and a bunch of other people too

fitment quality SUCKS......

sends out mix matched parts
literally sent me a box with 1/2 a kit and hong kong mcdonalds wrappers from his lunch

had to fight with paypal for 6 weeks and when you send it back like paypal wants you to its a FAKE address to return to

Old 10-12-2008, 11:37 PM

if you want new fairings go here, this is where i'm gonna get mine from.

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/index.html

Old 10-27-2008, 11:23 PM

I got a front fairing for my F4 from him.....I have not checked the fitment yet but the color was way off. Now I have to repaint it to match my bike.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:34 PM

I can only guess that many of the aftermarket fairing sets that are coming out of China, may be coming out of the same wholesaler/factory.

The reason I say this is because, like Mung88's and Nicecycle's selection, when I searched for parts for my bike (97 cbr F3) - ALL of the sets have the exact same flaw in the tail section. On both the left and right side sections of the tail, there is a strange groove where those sections are to touch the rear center. You can fit two fingers through the gaps that created between the side and center section.

How do I know? Because I bought one of those cheap crappy sets from someone else in China. You get the "make to order" BS, wait for 2 - 3 weeks for fabrications and 1 - 2 weeks shipping. The set will cost you just as much as the shipping and that's where you get screwed!

The center upper cowling on mine had a section under the headlight that was about as thick as two pieces of paper. The plastic pins for the tail didn't align correctly with the boot mounts and caused the pins to snap off. Don't get me started on all the pins and mounts for screws... they are ALL glued on to the inside of the fairings and like to snap off because they must have used Elmer's glue.

I ordered mine in gloss black and it looked great while I was unwrapping the parts out of the box. I went to wipe down the parts with a microfiber rag and the crap scratched. I think there was ONE layer of thin coated paint.

If I sound bitter, it's because all of this happened in the last two days. *****!

Needless to say, I'm now prepping my original parts for paint and lost out on $580 due to being too lazy to do my own work.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:22 AM

nicecycle (user name), thank you for allowing me to use you and your fake website that sells knock-offs, www.nicecycle.com, as a prime example of someone to NEVER buy from .

1. Call the website/seller and ask where they are located. If it's a scam or "knock off" (selling cheap stuff), they'll not tell you where they're at or make up some foney stateside address. Tell them you live 30 min away and want to make a visit....see what happens. Shady businesses never have an actual physical address listed on the website, only P.O. Boxes.

2. Do a simple google search of the seller/website and see what the results are.

3. Ask fellow bikers/consumers on forums like this.

Hmm, let's see what we can find on nicecyle (username) and that knock-off gear webite, www.nicecyle.com:

1. I called, got nothing, only a hired actor leaving a recording.
No physical address listed on the site, only a P.O. Box:

NICECYCLE
P.O Box 1232
Brighton, MI 48116

2. Doing a google search found some interesting results on www.nicecycle.com:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+www.nicecycle.com&aq=f&oq=

Decide for yourselves.....

Blue Skies,

Old 05-04-2009, 11:50 AM

these fairing kits have been popping up all over the web lately. Some on ebay and some on various websites. The funny thing is that they all apear to use the same pictures........i dont get it.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:47 AM

i ordered from nicecycle they suck, fitmnent sucks and graphics are crap. lines are VERY choppy colors bleed onto other colors. ud be better off taking 700-1000 bucks and lighting it on fire. contacted them and they said o yea send pics and well replace whatevers bad. sent em like 50 pics and they were like oh well the pics arentt hat great so basically theyre giving me the run around. stay away from nice cycle if u like not watsing money and hate aggravation

Old 06-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Banned

stay away they are fake, and dont really fit. Assume everything from china is a knockoff haha